550+ at the rear wheels equates to what kind of mpgs?

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
You'd only notice a difference with aggressive use of the throttle. At cruise speeds, you shouldn't notice any difference.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
Overall average for my car is usually around 14 MPG (I reset it after each tank). I've gotten as high as 24 MPG on one trip to the shore. My car usually doesn't see much more than short, around town trips so 14 is pretty dam good for the kind of driving I do.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Wow, even with conservative, mostly rural driving, I've never gotten more than 18.2 MPG. These 5.4's really gulp it down! Many mods actually increase gas mileage.....unless the go pedal gets depressed more often because of them!!

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
The trip that I got 24, I was purposely trying to barely touch the pedal to see how good I could get it. I was having one of those internal struggles with myself because my Titan get's like 11-13 no matter what I do, so I was trying to prove a point that my 500+ RWHP supercharged V8 Ford could double the mileage of my Nissan pick up truck... LOL I was right. Turns out being right only proved that I'm the loser since it didn't embarrass my Titan into getting better gas mileage and now I know the car sitting in my garage could totally save me money over the car I drive every day... :lol:

E.Marquez

Established Member
I just drove two 900 mile trips last month and this weekend did 750 miles. on the freeway at 70-85 mph 21-22 mpg.

once I get in the city or play on faster roads.. it's down to 14 or so

enormous

Established Member
I'm at 580 rwhp and my tuner tweaked the fuel tables in the tune for better highway mileage. My readout displays 21.5-24mpg depending on conditions, speed, wind, temp, etc.
My tuner also installed a Valet tune in my SCT so the car will not go over 60mph and will not rev more than 3000rpm.

SSThunder

Established Member
Mine sucks @ss but I've only got 4000 miles. I've been able to get 21 on the highway but that's it. around the city it sucks and the mpg display is useless lol. Why use bars, I'd rather have it tell me a number. But it is a fun car to drive. I might avg 16 or 17 and haven't got over 230 miles per tank so far. I hope it gets better

Stangdriver13

Established Member
The trip that I got 24, I was purposely trying to barely touch the pedal to see how good I could get it. I was having one of those internal struggles with myself because my Titan get's like 11-13 no matter what I do, so I was trying to prove a point that my 500+ RWHP supercharged V8 Ford could double the mileage of my Nissan pick up truck... LOL I was right. Turns out being right only proved that I'm the loser since it didn't embarrass my Titan into getting better gas mileage and now I know the car sitting in my garage could totally save me money over the car I drive every day... :lol:

Haha I know exactly how you feel. I get the same 11-13 mpg out of my Navigator. Honestly considering buying a beat up 4 cyl to get to work and back just to save some on gas! Is three cars really necessary?

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I actually think for a 650hp car on 91 pump getting 21-23mpg is pretty damn good. That's what I get on the freeway

2Sharpie

Established Member
I can't seem to get away from 12.8. I've only got 552 at the rear, usually shorter city driving and can't keep my damn foot from giving me that permanent smile on my face! I have seen near 20 on the highway but that quickly disappeared on the back roads

blackvette101

Established Member
Haha I know exactly how you feel. I get the same 11-13 mpg out of my Navigator. Honestly considering buying a beat up 4 cyl to get to work and back just to save some on gas! Is three cars really necessary?

yes it is lol buy a beat up sn95 mustang they get into the 20's on the highway. my shelby hovered around 15 mpg and i only drive on the highway but i cruise at like 80-90 mph.

Nathan'sTsi

Established Member
I just averaged close to 23mpg ona highway trip to Austin. Speeds were right at 80 or slightly above the whole time (around 2k on the tach). In the city I get in the 14s.

Users who are viewing this thread