55 gal of Shine shipped to your doorstep

Waynebuilt

Established Member
Screenshot_2013-07-08-15-36-09-1.png

Waynebuilt

Established Member
Lmao 231 for shipping of a 300 dollar item. No thanks

Really thats actually cheap, 457 lb of fuel its a great price some people dont have access to shine its a small price to pay to fill your rig up @ home. You spend less money in the long run I make my own e95 cost 40 cents a gallon

9BABCobra8

Established Member
From what I have read, ethanol mixes are not linear. Most of your gains are around the e50 mixture and not with the e98 fuel. Mix it with some 87 octane and you will have much more fuel...

Waynebuilt

Established Member
From what I have read, ethanol mixes are not linear. Most of your gains are around the e50 mixture and not with the e98 fuel. Mix it with some 87 octane and you will have much more fuel...

not true E98 is a higher octane and requires 15% more fuel than E85. Also, E98 is a more constant fuel. It a matter of whats available to you!

9BABCobra8

Established Member
not true E98 is a higher octane and requires 15% more fuel than E85. Also, E98 is a more constant fuel. It a matter of whats available to you!

I agree with your statement about e98 being more constant. Im assuming you are referring to the ethanol percentage vs what can be found in a typical e85 blend at the pump (anywhere from 51% to 83% ethanol + 2% hydrocarbon/petroleum base to make it non-consumable). I'm not sure i agree with your statement about adding another 15% more fuel on top of what you already add from gasoline to e85...

Injector Dynamics - Alcohol Article

Originally posted by 65fastback2+2

MIT Studyhttp://www.psfc.mit.edu/library1/catalog/reports/2000/06ja/06ja002/06ja002_full.pdf

It is interesting to note that the blending response of RON and MON as a function of ethanol content is highly nonlinear. There is a substantial octane improvement between RG and E10, and between E10 and E50. However, between E50 and E85 there is very little difference in either RON or MON. It is well-established that properties of ethanolgasoline blends, such as Reid vapor pressure, do have nonlinear responses [4]. Surprisingly, the authors have been unable to find RON and MON measurements as a function of ethanol content that either support or refute these results.

The only reason to buy e98, IMO, is to cut it down to a more beneficial mixture that you are positive of the ethanol content.

Im currently reading this as well... Also posted by 65fastback2+2. Not that he is an expert but its hard to argue writings versus heresay. http://delphi.com/pdf/techpapers/2010-01-0619.pdf

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread