50th Anniversary??

stutter

eat me
Established Member
Is it safe to assume that for 2017 their will be a 50th anniversary Gt500?? Any good hints at it? Think it will be hush like the GT? 5.8 powered still?

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
5.8 powered with a solid axle and a non-locking TR6060 transmission. Should go 200mph.

:)

carguy19

Established Member
My prediction is that it will be an ecoboost 6 cyl like in the ford gt,

or a coyote with a TVS.

The 5.8 with old school injection is the last of its kind. Everything is going direct injection and smaller cubes. Not just with Ford, but with all manufacturers.

SVT-PWR

Established Member
I don't know that they will make it a 50th Ann, it would be a couple years of the actual date. But let's hope for a twin turbo (Ecoboost technology), direct injected, flat plane crank 5.2L V8 (maybe 5.0 to be safe with boost). Voodoo anyone?

stutter

eat me
Established Member
History shows us that the gt500 has the big liter, big motor stuff. Also if ford is debuting 12 new vehicles by 2020 and 4 are already previewed...... I would say......according to history...and to the Anniversaries of the models......I would say after the GT350 it's going to be the GT500....then the Bullet...then the Mach 1 and the Boss again. That's four mor vehicles....which leaves 4 from other stuff.

SVT-PWR

Established Member
If they come out with the GT500, or model over the GT350, I would be willing to put money that it won't be a V6, yet. But the ecoboost V6 will be in the mustang eventually.

Last edited:

carguy19

Established Member
I don't know that they will make it a 50th Ann, it would be a couple years of the actual date. But let's hope for a twin turbo (Ecoboost technology), direct injected, flat plane crank 5.2L V8 (maybe 5.0 to be safe with boost). Voodoo anyone?

Flat plane engines are usually high RPM and naturally aspirated. Boosted motors almost always use an overlapping traditional crank.

One of the engine gurus here can chime in and explain why in better detail.

An example is the new Ferrari 488 that just got announced. They went to a twin turbo 3.8L motor thats not a flat plane crank. The last 2 mid engine generations (430 and 458) both had flat plane, naturally aspirated high RPM motors.

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
With the new GT and the Raptor going to a 6 cyl, it seems the days of a V8 GT 500 may be over.

Eh, this I'm not too sure about.

Ford has done a lot of neat things with their performance sector over the past few years.

Whether it's the SVT Cobras before, or the Shelby GT500's after, GT, the Boss, Raptor, upcoming GT350/R and new GT, all kinds of neat stuff.

But the GT500 has never been a finesse creature has it? No, use that goddamn sledge hammer to hit the damn nail. Big motor, high power, no apologies.

I would be astounded to see a GT500 model (if that is indeed what they refer to it as) without a high horse V8. It's just Fords excuse to stick a stupid motor in a stupid car for stupid people like us to buy one. I love it.

Last edited:

stutter

eat me
Established Member
I'm 99% sure it's going to be a V8.....now whether it has more HP than the hellcat.....that's another debate. Ford has been smart lately, and they have risen to the #1 car brand in America again....now if they are smart, they would put a 700+hp motor, and magnotheryotical shocks in it and a stout rear end with a wicked aero package. I really hope Ford keeps their head in the game, because if the next car truly is a GT500, it'll be a straight line beast like it was meant for, because they will have the GT350 for track duty

Snkedriver

Established Member
If they build it a V8 coyote with twin turbos. I would assume it would have more HP than the Hellcat. But as usual they won't build it with an automatic like the Hellcat.

melissa809

Established Member
Eh, this I'm not too sure about.

Ford has done a lot of neat things with their performance sector over the past few years.

Whether it's the SVT Cobras before, or the Shelby GT500's after, GT, the Boss, Raptor, upcoming GT350/R and new GT, all kinds of neat stuff.

But the GT500 has never been a finesse creature has it? No, use that goddamn sledge hammer to hit the damn nail. Big motor, high power, no apologies.

I would be astounded to see a GT500 model (if that is indeed what they refer to it as) without a high horse V8. It's just Fords excuse to stick a stupid motor in a stupid car for stupid people like us to buy one. I love it.

LMAO!!! Great post!!!! and I concur!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread