500rwhp possible with pulley only?

kcast

LEO
Established Member
OK long story short, this guy has a cobra that has exhaust and a 2.76 upper/no idea about the lower, NO PORT, exhaust cai...is it possible even with the best tuner in the world to make 500rwhp w/out a port??

dougwg

Established Member
you can make a dyno read what ever you want

Dyno number mean squat.

Why do you care what he claims?

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Maybe it's really lean and it's not SAE corrected numbers, but STD numbers. But other than that, it's not possible. The torque should be way higher too ... so either he has a ported blower (it brings the torque DOWN) or something is seriously wrong with his tune or car. He should have much higher TQ numbers for a non-ported blower - it's too close to the HP number.

BadMoFo

Get Some!
Established Member
lol, just couldnt sleep without thinking about it huh? I am the guy in question. I do not have a ported nor do I have a lower (that I know of bought car used and it was stock except weld in flows)

but I see that my numbers has upset someone and we have gone threw this debate already, and I dont care if you dont beleive my numbers or not. I am very happy with my tune, car runs great. and hopefully I will have track numbers soon to back up the dyno numbers.

kcast

LEO
Established Member
oh well 500rwhp if you say so....i just like to explore things that I have never seen!!

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
Post up the dyno please. Were they SAE or STD corrected? Was it a mustang dyno, dynojet, or direct (connected to the hubs, no rear wheels on)... ?

BadMoFo said:
lol, just couldnt sleep without thinking about it huh? I am the guy in question. I do not have a ported nor do I have a lower (that I know of bought car used and it was stock except weld in flows)

but I see that my numbers has upset someone and we have gone threw this debate already, and I dont care if you dont beleive my numbers or not. I am very happy with my tune, car runs great. and hopefully I will have track numbers soon to back up the dyno numbers.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Traditionally, the strong running, pullied Terminators will max out at 475-480, even with long tubes, ported throttle body/plenums, and ice in an aftermarket intercooler reservoir. Really need that port to get an Eaton to 500 RWHP.

ChicagoMike

Modification Addict
Established Member
The dyno is obviously miscalibrated or the incorrect weight/wheel size specs were put in the computer. He should go to a different dyno shop. Every blower ported car at 500rwhp will spank that car.

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
IronTerp said:
Traditionally, the strong running, pullied Terminators will max out at 475-480, even with long tubes, ported throttle body/plenums, and ice in an aftermarket intercooler reservoir. Really need that port to get an Eaton to 500 RWHP.

AGREED

but as we know, "all dynos are different" :)

BadMoFo said:

yes, hopefully you will be able to do that :pop:

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
500RWHP Will never happen without a port PERIOD nuff said... Oh and if you would like me to explain it in detail i will but here is the brief point...THE STOCK HEATON IS NOT EFFICENT ENOUGH TO PUSH THE REQUIRED AMOUNT OF AIR TO MAKE 500RWHP...sorry for the caps =)

Nick

Yellow2003

Genetically lazy
Established Member
64comet said:
The question is, does it really matter.

I think it does matter....
Look at his sig (2004 Redfire cobra FOR SALE 12k miles 500+RWHP PM for details) When he's saying it's for sale and a 500rwhp car. Then show some proof.....

Somebody new to this might overpay for what is supposed to be a 500rwhp car.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
kcast said:
OK long story short, this guy has a cobra that has exhaust and a 2.76 upper/no idea about the lower, NO PORT, exhaust cai...is it possible even with the best tuner in the world to make 500rwhp w/out a port??

lol are you Zach's (guys with the sti) friend?

CobraChris08

Why you pushing me?
Established Member
I don't see it happening. My friends has a 2.76 with an Idler, Full Bassani O/R exhaust and a CAI. I think he's right around 47X. I think it would be hard.

kcast

LEO
Established Member
Yellow03-R said:
I think it does matter....
Look at his sig (2004 Redfire cobra FOR SALE 12k miles 500+RWHP PM for details) When he's saying it's for sale and a 500rwhp car. Then show some proof.....

Somebody new to this might overpay for what is supposed to be a 500rwhp car.

dumbass read the original post....MY blower is PORTED, i was asking about the guy that comment a few lines down...hooked on phonics!

Users who are viewing this thread