$500 steeda GC stock 13 what to buy?

Tytus2012

Established Member
So I just got my 2013 sterling grey 500 monday and I love it. So exactly what the title says. I have a $500 gift card at steeda what would u buy. All info welcome plz and thank.you.

Tytus2012

Established Member
I can go over the 500. I was thinking maybe LCA UCA springs and adj pan hard bar. I can see already that I have alot of power and need to get that to the ground better. What do you guys think?

Dougdanger

Established Member
I'd order a complete rear diff with the problems these guys have been having....IMO

Tytus2012

Established Member
well i cant get the shifter steeda doesnt sell the one i would get. so i am thinking i need to get the power to the ground and suspension seems the way to go. but there are so many choices.

09Troublemaker

" That don't sound stock"
Established Member
I can go over the 500. I was thinking maybe LCA UCA springs and adj pan hard bar. I can see already that I have alot of power and need to get that to the ground better. What do you guys think?

I ordered those 4 items for my 09 from them and haven't had any problems with those parts... I like the springs better (stance) from them...You can't go wrong IMO

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

this is a good mod list. Tires for the street (MPSS), the goodyears are good at the track (roadcourse) I also have their idler tensioner pulley, no complaints. I am one of those who left the power alone and is concentrating on handling/traction first

Tytus2012

Established Member
this is a good mod list. Tires for the street (MPSS), the goodyears are good at the track (roadcourse) I also have their idler tensioner pulley, no complaints. I am one of those who left the power alone and is concentrating on handling/traction first

Ok would you say the UPCA worth it? And do the LCA make that big of a difference? Anything else you would add in there? Thanks for the input. Also is this a job that can be done by me. I have done work to my other cars but nothing with suspension.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Ok would you say the UPCA worth it? And do the LCA make that big of a difference? Anything else you would add in there? Thanks for the input. Also is this a job that can be done by me. I have done work to my other cars but nothing with suspension.

I have not done the UCA yet, but since you are under there might as well. You will notice a difference in the way the car tracks and handles. It will squat better. The LCA's can be done on your own but you need to make sure you have the car jacked up properly. I think with a buddy it can be done.

Tytus2012

Established Member
I have not done the UCA yet, but since you are under there might as well. You will notice a difference in the way the car tracks and handles. It will squat better. The LCA's can be done on your own but you need to make sure you have the car jacked up properly. I think with a buddy it can be done.

I will have a friend to help me and he has alot of experience under cars too. when you say jacked up properly what do you mean by that. sorry if this is a stupid question just making sure i do everything right.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
I will have a friend to help me and he has alot of experience under cars too. when you say jacked up properly what do you mean by that. sorry if this is a stupid question just making sure i do everything right.

have the rear axle supported properly (jack stands) to take the load off when you swap parts( lca, uca, panhard). Obviously remove the rear tires too. Should not be too hard. As for the springs, I myself could not do it since I dont have the tools.

Tytus2012

Established Member
have the rear axle supported properly (jack stands) to take the load off when you swap parts( lca, uca, panhard). Obviously remove the rear tires too. Should not be too hard. As for the springs, I myself could not do it since I dont have the tools.

What other tools do you need for springs besides the spring compressor which i heard you can rent from any tool store like advanced auto parts?

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
What other tools do you need for springs besides the spring compressor which i heard you can rent from any tool store like advanced auto parts?

thats really what I was referring too. Everything else should be your basic ratchet set type stuff. Like I said if you have a buddy, some space and patience you can definitely do it yourself. Be sure to have a torque wrench and follow the specs to the tee to assure proper function. You will also need grease for the LCA, UCA

edit: also if you want to be sure, contact the guys at steeda or Van and pick their brain about what is needed for a easy/proper install

Last edited:

Tytus2012

Established Member
thats really what I was referring too. Everything else should be your basic ratchet set type stuff. Like I said if you have a buddy, some space and patience you can definitely do it yourself. Be sure to have a torque wrench and follow the specs to the tee to assure proper function. You will also need grease for the LCA, UCA

edit: also if you want to be sure, contact the guys at steeda or Van and pick their brain about what is needed for a easy/proper install

Thanks devious sounds good i think i will call them tomorrow and see. Do you think i will need any relocating brackets and the Spherical Bearing & Bushing. sorry for all the questions new to suspension type stuff. usually hit the power mods but since I spin through 3rd gear might as well try to get some traction.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Thanks devious sounds good i think i will call them tomorrow and see. Do you think i will need any relocating brackets and the Spherical Bearing & Bushing. sorry for all the questions new to suspension type stuff. usually hit the power mods but since I spin through 3rd gear might as well try to get some traction.

I got relo brackets because this way they are there for any future changes or if you want a different angle on your LCA's. Now to be honest Im using this setup and I love it:

steeda springs ( bout 1 inch drop)
BMR relo brackets and adjustable panhard
Bob's LCA's ( excellent quality just as quiet at stock and also lighter)

The steeda relo brackets require welding, the BMR ones can be bolted or welded. So do your research. But steeda makes some quality stuff and that gift card should come in handy

Users who are viewing this thread