500 or Montego?

04 Redline

Established Member
It's time for me to join the Ford family once again. The RL is fun, quick, fuel efficient, but a little too young for me. These two cars I know are seen as geezer cars, but I like them. We have had little to no issues with them at our Ford store, and I am getting a pretty good deal on the car and on my trade considering there isn't even a book value for them (04 Saturn Ion Redline, 25333 miles, 13K ACV). Kids are a year or two away, so I think this is a pretty good idea. Thoughts?

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I like both, but I prefer the Montego more. I saw a black Montego earlier today and I must say that I love the rear of those cars. The whole car looks quite nice and well put together.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
I forgot to mention that I'm 22 years old and I think the Fusion/Zephyr and 500/Montego cars are all really nice. I would not mind having any of the previously mentioned. I think they are classy, yet distinctively sharp for anyone in their 20's or 30's.

You're not old; just distinguished!!

:beer:

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
Visit the dealerships for a Crown Vic Sport or the LX with the handling performance package. That gives you a beefier suspension with revised springs, rear air suspension, 3.27 rear and dual exhaust. Plus, the Vic has two nifty standard features...speed-sensitive steering and fail-safe cooling system. You can have a major coolant failure and run on limited distance without water in the engine. Its built like no other car and with that above mentioned package will out-accelerate and outhandle the Five-Hundred and can be had with many of the same options. I test drove a Five-Hundred and the Vic is IMO a more superior car in almost every aspect and there's no mistaking the horsepower and torque difference. With 287 lbs.-ft. of torque and the 3.27 it'll jump all over the 500 off the line. That's why I went with it. If you're wondering about the mileage, I can cruise at 60 mph and get 29 mpg and get 22 mpg at 80 mph...all on 87 regular!

Plus, get the LX and you're clearing those passing lanes like nobody's business. One of the fringe benefits of driving the Vic!

Users who are viewing this thread