500 horsepower ?

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
recieved my spring 2009 my ford magazine yesterday. on page 27 it says "a 500 hp 6.2 litre v-8 engine, calibrated to handle the stop-start brutality of racing will be avalible in summer 2009" this info is straight from ford, is this horsepower figure right?

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
no! final figures are not out yet. it should be just above 400 for hp and tq on the 6.2l. the raptor r that is racing competitively is running a different tune on the 6.2 along with some other stuff is the one rated at 500hp.

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
i didnt think so, but that quote is directly out of the myford magazine, spring 2009 issue. do you get that magazine?

03shadowgreygt

Established Member
I got the same magazine and couldn't believe it said 500 also, that would be wild. They put it in writing so hopefully they have it coming!

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
i didnt think so, but that quote is directly out of the myford magazine, spring 2009 issue. do you get that magazine?

no but i have seen the article and the context of the info. and its wrong. i have seen no credible sources with this info! this includes the marketing manager of the svt raptor himself saying 400+hp and 400+tq. the raptor r was given 500hp but its not a street legal truck!

blksn8k

Established Member
The fact that it also said summer of 09 also makes it questionable. Every other bit of info I have seen says the 6.2 won't be available until next winter, whatever that means. I wish someone with some knowledge of the truck would have proof read that article. With the way stuff like this spreads across the internet SVT is going to get another black eye. I had a guy at work ask me about it because he gets the mag as well. People who don't know anything about this truck read stuff like this and take it as gospel. It is a Ford publication so why would they think anything different?

Last edited:

swlacobra

too many cars
Established Member
The fact that it also said summer of 09 also makes it questionable. Every other bit of info I have seen says the 6.2 won't be available until next winter, whatever that means. I wish someone with some knowledge of the truck would have proof read that article. With the way stuff like this spreads across the internet SVT is going to get another black eye. I had a guy at work ask me about it because he gets the mag as well. People who don't know anything about this truck read stuff like this and take it as gospel. It is a Ford publication so why would they think anything different?

please note that i said from the beginning that i didn't think this was right. these guys need someone to proffread this info before they print it

Users who are viewing this thread