500-550 rwhp

svtsupersnake

Banned
Hi i am new and i am about to buy a terminator come may. I wanted to get this car to have 500 to 550 rwhp and i did some reading so i have an idea of how to do it but i want to get confirm i am right in thinking these things. I dont want to go to kenne bell or whipple s/c i wanna stay eaton. So i was thinking upper/lower pulley combo to get 16 psi boost i was told i needed to change the serpentine belt and all the idlers. jlt carbon fiber rai if there is one beter please let me know. accufab oval tb. the stegemier port of the eaton on lethal performance was gonna do the stage vi i think it is where it gives like 100 rwhp. bassani or magnaflow x which ever is better and borla catback but the quiet one not stingers. Also is the guy who does tuning on lethal performances website for cobras any good cuz it says it is as good as a professional dyno but i am skeptical about this. Would this combo get me to the hp i want also. would i need to upgrade the fuel injectors to like 60 lbs ones and the maf to a sct maf. Also wat suspension upgrades could i do to get the power to the ground better. thanks

cbr repsol

Established Member
i recommend posi performance for your port. you will most likely need injectors 60# bigger maf and a bap at minimum. If u have 93 where u live i dont see why it wouldnt make 500rwhp at 16psi. The tuner you refered to is jon lund and is very well know. Me personally i like actually watching my car on the dyno . As for putting the power down go 10.5 rear wheels with 315 size tires . I personally love the nitto nto5r's they hook very well on the street but wont last as long as a conventional tire but we are talking putting it to the ground not the most miles a tire will do. Also on the traction issue if the car still has a irs i rec. the full tilt boogie racing bushing upgrades for the irs...it really works wonders.

KINGCOBRA86

Tvs @ 22psi ftw
Established Member
What cbr said. I would run a dragon p/l t/b should make good power. Jon Lund knows his stuff. I'm not sure but I think Evolution Performance is out by you they Can tune it too.

svtsupersnake

Banned
yea i perfer to go to someone to tune my car but idk anyone good in maryland in the montgomerey county area. But i went on posi performance and it says its 500 for the race port and another 550 wit the matching dragon tb and plenum ported. But it doesnt say how much rwhp i will get from those. Cuz he says wit the stock tb and plenum ported it only adds like 7 rwhp so i dont want to do that. also wats a better intake if i want to run 16 psi the jlt carbon fiber rai or the jlt high boost carbon fiber. Also wats a better maf the diablo or the sct. Most the places i talk too with tuning do stuff wit sct products more than diablo

svtsupersnake

Banned
also i cant use nitto tires cuz i live in md and it snows sometimes soooo i need all season tires. I was thinking more like wat control arm upgrades or bushings or w/e to get the power to the pavement

svtsupersnake

Banned
also i just saw on lethal sry for posting so much up at once but it says the upr cai gives 30 rwhp and the jlt rai gives between 26 to 30 so I am wondering is the upr better? or is this just bs advertising. cuz the upr is like 200 dollars less than the jlt. anyone have experience wit this?

svtsupersnake

Banned
also will stage 2 or 3 comp cams be neccessary to get to 500 to 550 rwhp? Btw i didnt say this before but this car is a daily driver so its not going to be raced on a drag strip or anything. so idk if comp cams are really neccessary but i thought i would ask anyways

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
yea i perfer to go to someone to tune my car but idk anyone good in maryland in the montgomerey county area. But i went on posi performance and it says its 500 for the race port and another 550 wit the matching dragon tb and plenum ported. But it doesnt say how much rwhp i will get from those. Cuz he says wit the stock tb and plenum ported it only adds like 7 rwhp so i dont want to do that. also wats a better intake if i want to run 16 psi the jlt carbon fiber rai or the jlt high boost carbon fiber. Also wats a better maf the diablo or the sct. Most the places i talk too with tuning do stuff wit sct products more than diablo

I've given you all the information in your other thread in the blower bistro lol. You need to do some reading to get caught up on some things rather than just go and make more threads. People will get to where they do not want to answer you unfortunately.

Also there are no upper/lower control arms on a car with IRS.

You're easily 7 months away from purchasing the car so sit back, read, and you'll learn everything way before then.:beer:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
I mentioned coming into the Terminator sections to read and learn.

Again you have 7 months until you say you're going to purchase the car. Just sit back and read then you'll know exactly what to do, when to do it and what order to do it in, who to have tune it, and what questions to ask when they need to be asked.:beer:

Last edited:

VETTEHUNTER

No cure for this disease.
Established Member
I've given you all the information in your other thread in the blower bistro lol. You need to do some reading to get caught up on some things rather than just go and make more threads. People will get to where they do not want to answer you unfortunately.

Also there are no upper/lower control arms on a car with IRS.

You're easily 7 months away from purchasing the car so sit back, read, and you'll learn everything way before then.:beer:

^^^^^ This is good advice....Just read, read, read. Everything you are asking is explained numerous times in these threads.
I bought a 4000 mile 03 Cobra back in 05. I left it stock for over a year just to make sure I was making the correct decisions on what to get. I literally lived on this forum and hardly ever had to ask questions because there is just so much info on here.
I sold my Cobra in 07 for a Vette and now that my Vette is gone, I'm getting back to researching because I want to get another Terminator. I'm surprised how much new info is out on them since 07.
One question....why not go Whipple or KB?....I sure am. Thats the mistake I made last time, and now after killing 500-600 RWHP 03-04 Cobras with my Vette, I will not be happy with anything less than 650 RWHP in a Cobra, because I want to be able to compete with the type of Vette I used to have. It is a well known fact that to compete with LS cars, Cobras have to make an extra 100 to the wheels to be close to even.
Good luck. You have plenty of time. :beer:

Last edited:

svtsupersnake

Banned
I dont want to go whipple cuz this car is also going to be my daily driver. i dont need it to have 650 rwhp so that i have like 8 mpg lol. Otherwise i would do it. I know how to get to high hp wit the whipple or procharger. i just wanted to see if it was possible to get to the 550 rwhp range witout resorting to that. Also i wanted to make sure it wouldnt cost more than getting a whipple. But thats y if the right deal on a zo6 came around i would buy the corvette cuz between the terminator and gt500 the vette is the best cuz the other 2 need like an extra 100 to 200 hp to keep up wit the vette

svtsupersnake

Banned
I dont even quite understand y that is? for the gt500 i kinda get it cuz its huge. But the terminator body is small not as small as a vette but still pretty small. How come a like stock vette can still beat a terminator going like 500 550 at the wheels.

cbr repsol

Established Member
the terminator body is small not as small as a vette but still pretty small. How come a like stock vette can still beat a terminator going like 500 550 at the wheels.

now we are talking weight not hp. if i remember correctly a 08 zo6 weighs around 3100 pound give or take a few. And a 03-04 cobra weighs around 3665 for a coupe. not having to lug 500+ pounds really makes a big difference.

OnceBitten

Established Member
now we are talking weight not hp. if i remember correctly a 08 zo6 weighs around 3100 pound give or take a few. And a 03-04 cobra weighs around 3665 for a coupe. not having to lug 500+ pounds really makes a big difference.

This.

My bone stock 06 Z06 was capable of low 11's on radials. It weighed ~3200lbs with me in it.

I haven't weighed my 04 Termi 'vert, but guess I'd be getting close to 4000lbs with me in it.

This.

My bone stock 06 Z06 was capable of low 11's on radials. It weighed ~3200lbs with me in it.

I haven't weighed my 04 Termi 'vert, but guess I'd be getting close to 4000lbs with me in it.

Curb weight on the '06Z is 3,132 while curb weight on the 04 vert is 3780. So how much do you weigh?

Users who are viewing this thread