5 Lug Disc

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
I used the 94-98 Cobra setup.

It depends on your wheel and tire needs as to what you should use. Do you have a plan in mind?

illness

Established Member
wheels, not exactly what style yet but i was thinking of something like a set of 18" prolly like Y2Ks... could u just bolt up say a 94 rearend and slap some Y2Ks on it and be good to roll???

JimJr

I Like Curves
Established Member
illness said:
could u just bolt up say a 94 rearend and slap some Y2Ks on it and be good to roll???
No, the Y2K's are 9.5" wide. Your gonna need some near stock GT/LX length axles and some fender lip/well work. I've put these on my Fox before (if you search for threads started by JimJr you can find it).

As a general rule-of-thumb, if you and use the 94+ axles you can run an 8" rim and the stock GT/LX axles if you want to use a +9" rim.

Go here for all the info you will ever need on this topic.

Last edited:

racerbox77

Established Member
illness said:
besides being able to use different wheels what are the advantages of a 5 lug conversion??

Only advantage is 5 bolts are stronger than 4 bolts. If your launching a 900 horsepower car at 7000rpm on slicks it might come into play. But basically just lets you use diff. wheels thats it.

LEE93COBRA

broke
Established Member
racerbox77 said:
Only advantage is 5 bolts are stronger than 4 bolts. If your launching a 900 horsepower car at 7000rpm on slicks it might come into play. But basically just lets you use diff. wheels thats it.

+1,... kinda

illness

Established Member
Is there any company out there that makes disc brakes for the rear 4 lug? or how about this.. in order to keep the stock Fox axle housing u use ranger axles for the 5 lug.. but what hardware do u use to bolt on the discs? and wich discs do u use??

Goodson

Tuning Required
Established Member
You can use these.

www.northracecars.com

They make backing plates you can use to keep the stock GT/LX track width. You can either use the SN95 stuff (GT or Cobra) or use the 93 Cobra/Turbo coupe setup and re drill the rotors to 5 lug. One key note, if you use the SN95 stuff you have to buy spacers to go on the hub so the rotors will center on the hub. The hub size for the SN95 cars is larger than the 79-93's and 5 lug ranger axles.

Last edited:

illness

Established Member
so if I go with the stock fox track width, what is the widest size wheels I can fit??? I found a set of 17x9s I like..

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
illness said:
so if I go with the stock fox track width, what is the widest size wheels I can fit??? I found a set of 17x9s I like..
9's will fit perfectly with the stock width. I've run 10.5's with the wider width, but I think you'd have clearence issues if they were tucked in much more.

charged9250

Established Member
Just get some 5 lug fox axles and the calipers, backing plate, lines etc from a 94+ mustang. You need to cut a chunk out of the stock backing plates and switch them around. So left rear will become right rear etc. On the 94+ the backing plates bolt up on the out side of the axles tube, for the fox rear end you now need to bolt them up on the in side of the axles tube. Thats why you needed to cut a chunk out of it. Everything should bolt back up normal. Oh yeah the 94+ hard brake line has a different size fitting. There are alot of people who did this mod. Do a search on stangnet and you should find them.

Users who are viewing this thread