5 left turns??

FranticFocus05

Established Member
I know there have been a million posts about this topic but I just wanted to hear any new ones or some good old ones.

Ways to get out of a ticket or away from cops....

The other night I was driving home from the movies and a cop started tailing me and she followed me for about a mile before changing lanes and then passing me. Figured she was just checking cause my car still has the paper tags from the dealer and 4 teens in it at 11:30. My friend told me to make 5 left turns in a row and that if I did that then it was illegal for her to pull me over. As soon as she said that I couldnt help but laugh, but to top it off she was saying that it was a US law that ALL LEOs had to follow, and if they pulled you over after you made 5 left turns you could sue the state. Apparently her brother did this is North Carolina and the drugs found in his car were even returned to him because they were found "illegaly" :lol: :lol:

LEOs, has anyone ever pulled this one on you?

Sniperfox

Kopfjaeger
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
I know there have been a million posts about this topic but I just wanted to hear any new ones or some good old ones.

The other night I was driving home from the movies and a cop started tailing me and she followed me for about a mile before changing lanes and then passing me. Figured she was just checking cause my car still has the paper tags from the dealer and 4 teens in it at 11:30. My friend told me to make 5 left turns in a row and that if I did that then it was illegal for her to pull me over. As soon as she said that I couldnt help but laugh, but to top it off she was saying that it was a US law that ALL LEOs had to follow, and if they pulled you over after you made 5 left turns you could sue the state. Apparently her brother did this is North Carolina and the drugs found in his car were even returned to him because they were found "illegaly" :lol: :lol:

:banana: :lol: :lol: :lol:

ThrashN

Do What?
Established Member
I'm not a LEO but I don't think that works that way. So you're saying that if a LEO goes to pull me over all I have to do is keep going make 5 left turns and I'm good to go? Sounds to me like that would be fleeing and eluding.

Floridalawdog

Established Member
MVkeeper, you should probably turn your license in if you fell for that. Oh, by the way, I have a bridge for sale and some swampland down here in beautiful Florida if you are interested.

The law is actually 2 left, 1 right, a u-turn, left foot in, left foot out, 3 heel clicks, smoke the rest of the joint, find an open draw bridge, jump it, drive through a burning building, jump the car off a loading dock and into shark infested water, and swim away to a sub shaped like Dr Evil using previously hidden scuba gear. After that if the officer pulls you over he can be fired, arrested, sued, whipped with a switch, stand in a corner, sent to bed early without supper, and have his television taken away.
Only kidding, but that is the dumbest urban legend i ever heard. Not really a legend yet, but if you tell 3 people, and they tell 3 people, so on, and so on.

GodStang

Established Member
What happens if you make 6 lefts turns on accident? Does it cancel out the others and they can now pull you over?

Don't feel bad. I was driving one time 55 mph in a 55. My older sister asked why I was going slow. I said I was going the speed limit. She told me that the signs where the "recommend" speed and that they where only the limit where it says speed zones. Needless to say the next time she went through that area by herself she got a speeding ticket.

kylez28

Established Member
Don't be stupid...5 left turns when he's after you would probably be fleeing. Think about it man...if you're in a high speed chase for jackin a car, you can't make 5 left turns and be home free :lol:

wvmystichrome

Established Member
What will someone think of next? Just never know. All to get someone in trouble. Even in NASCAR they don't make 5 left turns unless they are on a road course. If they did it otherwise it would be disasterous. It's called the infield wall.

sbro712

Established Member
That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If you commit a violation and I am going to pull you over there is no magic formula that will keep me from pulling you over.

00blacksvtl

Established Member
I had a guy try to tell me one that is just as stupid.(he said the left turn thing too). He said the Highway Patrol here can't follow you on to dirt roads because they aren't highways. Then he was wondering why I wouldn't stop laughing.

kneedragger

Rough and Toothless
Established Member
In Illinois it's 5 left turns, followed by a right turn, while screaming "I claim this land for Spain".

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
MvKeeper said:

First off there are NO Federal Traffic Laws, those are made by the state and localities. Second, she is obviously a few fries short of a happy meal!

brkntrxn

Inappropriate Motorsports
Established Member
kneedragger said:
In Illinois it's 5 left turns, followed by a right turn, while screaming "I claim this land for Spain".

Isn't that the same as going straight??? This explains all the idiots on I-90! Thanks!!!

Seriously, I hope she was a good friend... cause if not, I would point her back in the direction of the short bus!

GodStang

Established Member
brkntrxn said:
Isn't that the same as going straight??? This explains all the idiots on I-90! Thanks!!!

Seriously, I hope she was a good friend... cause if not, I would point her back in the direction of the short bus!

No Stright would be 4 left turns.

h8louzn

Wow, you guys missed all clues here!!

"the drugs found in his car were even returned to him"!

And she must have found them! LOL

lowdrag

Established Member
I had a college student try to tell me a variation of this on a stop once. He told me that he had made three turns since I started following him and that the traffic stop was not legal. He said his father, a lawyer had told him this. I just smiled and told him it was a good thing his father was a lawyer, at least he'd be represented in court for free.

I am wondering though, if a donut (yes, I know, I said donut in the cop forum. ha ha!) would be considered a left turn. If so, I'd just light the tires and complete 5 full revolutions to the left and drive away. I'll let someone else test this theory.

Last edited:

kylez28

Established Member
I'm still amazed at how anyone could actually think you could just make 5 turns and get away. It's like...I stole this car...5 left turns HAAA HAA!!! I win!!! I'm home free with no consequences...

Lawfficer

Just a dude with a car
Established Member
MvKeeper said:
My friend told me to make 5 left turns in a row and that if I did that then it was illegal for her to pull me over.

Your friend is an idiot.

MvKeeper said:
Apparently her brother did this is North Carolina and the drugs found in his car were even returned to him because they were found "illegaly" :lol: :lol:

Please see the above response.

Judge to Dope Dealer:

"Sir, you successfully completed 5 left turns before the officer stopped you, thus barring enforcement action against you. Without the legal basis for the stop, the 100lbs of Cocaine found in your possession is therefor inadmissable in court. Please go down to the evidence room and recover your property."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread