5.7L Toyota pick em up

mhoover

Established Member
Me and my wifey were leavin a lil hangout in memphis in my 03 L. I was starting to pull out on the street and this guy stopped right in front of me in this black toyota. He sat there and stuck his truck on the rev limiter for about 4-5 sec straight. He was bouncin up and down in the seat like he was a kid in a candy store lol yellin out the window "COME ON COME ON!" lol

So i put my foot in the radiator jumped in front of him right quick and got up to the next red light. He rolled down the window, tryin to be nice, I said "Nice truck! What kind is that?" and he quickly responded " its A BADA$$ TRUCK!" It kinda caught me off guard but it didn't my wife! Before i knew it she yelled out the window "WELL IT AINT BADA$$ ENOUGH after what i just saw!" I busted out laughin! It made my day, night, week bc she not like that and isnt into cars at all like me and never says anything like that!

:lol:

So he wanted to try me again and i let him and it was the same result.... a thrashing... He was bouncing up and down like a lil kids sayin "LETS GO LETS GO!" even though he was 0 for 3 already. So i stopped and turned around and here he comes again! My wife was like "Are you kidding me!" He said "Man i always wanted to try a Lightning ...... but i dont no more!" lol offered me a beer and went on his way lol Needless to say one of the more interesting characters Ive run into over the years

Matt

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
Sounded like a jacka$$ to me...I hate the idiots of the world who bounce around in the cab of their vehicle. Like tigger on a pogo stick!!!! Way to smack his "Bad A$$" to the curb......I also hate the hype lovers of the Tundra. They see a couple of commercials and they think the truck can run with a Viper for pete's sake. Right up there with the d@mn Hemi commercials :loser::bored::dancenana:

Later

rubber duck

Established Member
Tundra owners seem to be some of the biggest douchebags i've run into, although still a distant second to "it's got a hemi" ram owners. They're almost like civic owners after the Fast and Furious came out, they want to race everything.

I was sitting in rush hour traffic in the SS last week and a douchebag Tundra owner does a brake torque right next to me, starts to slide sideways once traffic started moving and comes within a half a foot of tagging me. I let him know I was not impressed. :fm:

Last edited:

SVTBMG

Banned
Tundra owners seem to be some of the biggest douchebags i've run into, although still a distant second to "it's got a hemi" ram owners. They're almost like civic owners after the Fast and Furious came out, they want to race everything.

I was sitting in rush hour traffic in the SS last week and a douchebag Tundra owner does a brake torque right next to me, starts to slide sideways once traffic started moving and comes within a half a foot of tagging me. I let him know I was not impressed. :fm:

Yup tundra owners and Titan owners. I cant tell you how many of them actually think they can rip me even from a dig. They always have something to say after, like "You are still driving a POS mustang" or some retard comment like that after I just put a football field on them. Also I get this reaction from tools in G35's and 37's. They are quick cars for sure, but they need to do their homework on who they can pick on.:bash:

Lowrie

Established Member
Good kill to the wife for the quick comeback. My girl isn't into cars, either, but she loves mine because she knows how much I love it. Nine times out of ten, she won't say anything when it comes to cars and racing, but when it comes to the honor of my Cobra, she's there to back it up.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
Nice kill. I don't get the douche comments since the guy cleary gave props to the faster vehicle. What else do you need? The Tundra is quick, but the guy didn't know how fast it was compared to a Lightning. Now he knows. Case closed.

jeffs

Established Member
I like both the titans and tundras, probably better than the newer american trucks but it is true about them being a little too confident, I'm sure damn near any newer diesel pickup would smash them, but the sad part is that those newer diesels have given me some of the closest stoplight action I have yet to encounter. My wifes 01 supercrew f 150 with a 12lbs. of d1sc badly wants to try out one of these titans or tundras though.

bleedingfordblu

Established Member
I like both the titans and tundras, probably better than the newer american trucks but it is true about them being a little too confident, I'm sure damn near any newer diesel pickup would smash them, but the sad part is that those newer diesels have given me some of the closest stoplight action I have yet to encounter. My wifes 01 supercrew f 150 with a 12lbs. of d1sc badly wants to try out one of these titans or tundras though.

noo. maybe if it was a modded diesel then yeah the tundra would have some trouble with it but not stock. the tundra's with the 5.7 run high 14's and i've found some with the trd blower going o-60 in the 4 high 4 seconds. not too bad for a full size with 4wheel drive

jeffs

Established Member
The thing with diesels is that a computer tune or chip can add as much power to their vehicles when it takes a power adder to add the same results to a gasoline engine.

Chip for diesel can add probably 100 ft/lb and 100 tq easily
chip or programmer to gasoline engine, maybe 20, if your lucky and believe the advertisements.

And I would also say that diesels get modded just as much or more than a supercharged lightning or cobra, because the gains are as easy, or easier to come by.

couple hundred dollars for a programmer and a few minutes to load a tune from the cab of your diesel verses changing pulleys then adding a "tune" to a Cobra, probably nets similar results, if not favoring the diesel for increase in power percentagewise.

Also, no I'm not biased, as I don't currently own and have never owned a diesel of any kind, but I've seen alot of them that get right with it. And I've also seen a few Lightnings run 14.xx 1/4 mile times wich isn't shabby for a stock truck, but then again, it isn't exactly flying.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread