5.4L in Terminators

beck_cody

Established Member
Has anyone herd of putting the 5.4L lightning enginge in the Terminator? Was looking for a new project and new toy. What kind of power would it put out with little modification?

JasonW

2xScrewed Vert
Established Member
not sure with the L motor. I know some have swapped in 5.4's though. HPP has pics of one on there site.

power wise I'd assume same as the vehicle it came out of potential?

Last edited:

GodStang

Established Member
Lightning engine is a 2V and is a down grade. I am putting a 5.4L into my 2001 GT. Yes people have put a 4V 5.4L in to a mustang...ie Cobra R came with one from the factory.

A lightning engine without little work would be less horsepower but a bit more tq.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
5.4 4v would be the way to go, but it's a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$. Not really worth it considering the potential of our motors, even with stock internals, IMO.

GodStang

Established Member
5.4 4v would be the way to go, but it's a lot of $$$$$$$$$$$$. Not really worth it considering the potential of our motors, even with stock internals, IMO.

Yes a Stroked Boss 5.0L block can get to 5.3L which is just 0.1L shy of a 5.4L. No customization to get it to fit. Straight swap. Serious serious power potential.

Users who are viewing this thread