5.4L GT500 control pack PCM can be tuned to control a 5.8L GT500 engine?

400ss

Established Member
I just purchased a 2001 Ford lightning and i have a complete 2013 5.8L GT500 engine on my backyard,, the idea of swap this engine into my lightning is on my head and im looking on information about how to control the engine.
Ford Racing dont have for sale a control pack specific for this 5.8L gt500 engine.. so maybe i can use the control pack for the 5.4L GT500 engine and get a custom tune??? but i need to know if both engines 5.8L and 5.4L shares the same sensors?? i mean the CAMS sensors, crank sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, MAF, ECT sensor oil pressure sensor and so on, so maybe if both engines shares same sensors i can install the 5.4L control pack in this 5.8L engine and get a custom tune?? what do you think???

About the other parts of the swap like the engine mounts and those things are not a problem, i have done 2 5.0L coyote lightnings..

mustangcobratim

wannatry?
Established Member
I would be interested in this question as s well. What would stop us from using a 5.8 in any of our cars with just a custom tune

sent from my rooted galaxy nexus

400ss

Established Member
I would be interested in this question as s well. What would stop us from using a 5.8 in any of our cars with just a custom tune

sent from my rooted galaxy nexus

thats what i mean, what i need to know is if both engines shares the same sensors, cams sensors, crank sensor, and so on, if they do shares the same sensors why it cant be controlled with a 5.4L GT500 engine Ford Racing control pack and just with a custom tune??

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
The sensors should all be the same from 11-12 5.4 to 13-14 5.8

americansteel

Banned
I just purchased a 2001 Ford lightning and i have a complete 2013 5.8L GT500 engine on my backyard,, the idea of swap this engine into my lightning is on my head and im looking on information about how to control the engine.
Ford Racing dont have for sale a control pack specific for this 5.8L gt500 engine.. so maybe i can use the control pack for the 5.4L GT500 engine and get a custom tune??? but i need to know if both engines 5.8L and 5.4L shares the same sensors?? i mean the CAMS sensors, crank sensor, fuel rail pressure sensor, MAF, ECT sensor oil pressure sensor and so on, so maybe if both engines shares same sensors i can install the 5.4L control pack in this 5.8L engine and get a custom tune?? what do you think???

About the other parts of the swap like the engine mounts and those things are not a problem, i have done 2 5.0L coyote lightnings..

the 5.8l share the same crank trigger wheel and cam pulse wheel designs as the 5.0 does. or you can have a cam sprocket with the pip CNC'd for the driver side cam and a crank trigger wheel for the front of the crank attached to the balancer. use the 5.4l factory harness. it is possible. I did this the same way with my 6.2l swap into my crown vic. used all factory sensors and engine harness.

Users who are viewing this thread