5.4 Valve Covers differences/similarities

Red-GT500

Needs More Torque!
Established Member
I'm just checking if there are any differences in the 07-10 and the 11-12 valve covers other than the different colors? I've got an 11 and found a set of 07 valve covers locally i wanted to buy and have powder coated red to match my car. Before i purchase them i wanted to make sure there wasn't some minor physical difference in them that would possibly cause them to be unusable on my 11. I'm pretty sure they are the same but I've been bitten by assuming something that looks the same is the same. Any 5.4 Modular Engine guru's please chime in here so i can move forward please.

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I'm just checking if there are any differences in the 07-10 and the 11-12 valve covers other than the different colors? I've got an 11 and found a set of 07 valve covers locally i wanted to buy and have powder coated red to match my car. Before i purchase them i wanted to make sure there wasn't some minor physical difference in them that would possibly cause them to be unusable on my 11. I'm pretty sure they are the same but I've been bitten by assuming something that looks the same is the same. Any 5.4 Modular Engine guru's please chime in here so i can move forward please.

Other than the color difference the only covers that I have seen that look different on the outside are the pair shown below...........

0016.jpg

^^^They do not have the raised area on the drivers side front for the SVT label.

R

Stri8ed

Killer
Established Member
Let me know after you have done the swap and I'll take those Blue ones off your hands. (If they are the same)... or... I'll swap + cash your way if you can wait 9 months till im back in the states lol.

19COBRA93

Tire shredder
Established Member
There is no difference, aside from color.

The studs for the harnesses are part of the coil cover bolts, and a few of the valve cover bolts. There are a couple at the top that are part of the cover, but they're used on all years.

11-12:

2011-ford-shelby-GT500-engine-top-down-view.jpg

07-10:

Engine_2007_Shelby_GT500b.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread