5.4 triton ?'s

dizzygoat

Established Member
So my search for a low mile 03-04 L is becoming tiresome with little to no luck. The only candidate being out of state, making it almost impossible to get due to the banks not so willingness to lend that way.
So my question is, are all 5.4's built like the L's? If so theres a clean low mile Fx4 in my family id consider buying and doing a kb/whipple swap on. Other than that, i guess ill have to keep looking, hopefully with better luck than ive had in the past 4 years ive waited/searched.

your input is greatly appreciated.
thanks.
Brad

Kryo-Genik

My meat is hand rubbed
Established Member
short answer...no

long answer..still no as they will have a different compression ration and non forged internals

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
So my search for a low mile 03-04 L is becoming tiresome with little to no luck. The only candidate being out of state, making it almost impossible to get due to the banks not so willingness to lend that way.
So my question is, are all 5.4's built like the L's? If so theres a clean low mile Fx4 in my family id consider buying and doing a kb/whipple swap on. Other than that, i guess ill have to keep looking, hopefully with better luck than ive had in the past 4 years ive waited/searched.

your input is greatly appreciated.
thanks.
Brad

I've done the FX4/Whipple install.. its on a much heavier truck than the 99-04 Lightning, so its not "Lightning fast"....pardon the pun... but the 4-wheel drive makes up for the straight line performance.

engine.JPG

Z7What

Powered By Eaton
Established Member
Im running a Lightning blower (eaton) setup on my 03 FX4, running 12# i put down numbers in my sig. Still have N/A internals and looking to run mid to low 14s next time at the track.

Wayne

dizzygoat

Established Member
hmmm, and you think interest rates would be better than 10% say i went with a personal loan?
They wont led out of state either, and it seems the only trucks that meet my criteria are out of state. My search is starting to get depressing, im tired of people backing out on me, selling out from under me, or just flat out not accessable.

dizzygoat

Established Member
you're probably right, i just got shafted on one that I REALLY wanted, and pretty much the same on another one i found. I guess that just hit me hard, at least now i dont have to worry about getting rid of my car first, so thats a plus....
I guess im gonna stick to the plan and keep lookng for low mile ones before i think about jumpin just any one L.

LSUstang05

Established Member
See if you can find one in OK, NM, AR, or LA. They might be willing to drive to Texas (for a price) and get it inspected and then your bank might be able to OK it or something? Just throwing out ideas man, not trying to be a dick so don't take it that way.

dizzygoat

Established Member
i hate you knkfiend, i repeat i HATE YOUOOOOOO!!! jk, but why did you have to post that, cause thats the truck that i so dearly wanted and he backed out on me, i sold my gto for a steal, more than 4k less than blluebook just to get a quick sale and get that truck....and then come to find out hes giving it to his son.
That truck is PERFECT, i went and drove it and fell in love with it, sold my car the next day just to come home and read and email titled "change of heart" basically saying he's not selling it.
Nothing against him, hes a GREAT guy and i would do business with him any day in the future, he has some nice parts for sale at a great price....he just broke my heart..ugh, just seeing that link makes me want to burn my house down.

Users who are viewing this thread