5.4 Mustang Stick/Man.Trans??

Dusten

Established Member
if you mean a stock 5.4 and manual, the only mustang with a manual and a 5.4 that was n/a was the cobra R. all gt500's have a 5.4 and a manual. But there has never been a 2V 5.4 in a mustang, stock. There are a few people who have converted to a manual.

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
If you want to put a manual tranny in a Gen2 you would still use the stock Gen2 computer in the truck to run the electronics, but you'd simply disable the Auto Tranny features in the tune.:beer:

Blainer

SVT Poster
Established Member
Birthplace of Speed, Ormond Beach, Florida
thanks for the info... trying to decide what I want to do. Will probably do a comp cam .550 w/ 278/282 ish duration and get a 3K stall converter and upgrade my valvebody... see what that will do.

I just feel like another gear should bee in there sometimes... it just doesnt seem to hit right (I'm not talking from dead stop). If the above dont get it for me, maybe another tranny - 6 speed auto or the manual???? I have some problems with my legs - not so bad now... who knows future, so will try to stay Auto... Thanks again

Silver '01 L

C'MON, ...BRUH!
Established Member
Valve body
Stall
Cams
... in that order.

To tell you the truth, I've got cams and they sound great.
I installed them while the motor was out and apart, but...
I feel it would be a waste of good mod-money to put cams over a stock shortblock.
Install 4.10s instead.

Dusten

Established Member
4.10 is way to much gear for a truck if you ever plan to make more power than stock

Users who are viewing this thread