5.4 manifold to 4.6 block adapters?

trollnstroll

Established Member
I know this may be beating a dead horse...but I've searched any really can't come up with a solution, at least an inexpensive one. I have a 2003 F-150 with a 4.6 2v engine. I want to install a supercharger from a friends 5.4 2v Lightning. My reading says the 4.6/5.4 heads are identical, the problem is the 5.4 has a taller deck height, making the intake runners further apart. Therefore the Lightning blower is to wide to mate to my 4.6. I see they make 4.6 manifold to 5.4 block adapters...has anyone flipped these to make them work the other way? Or are there even adapters manufactured to do this?? I've found a kit from TorkTech that allows a Terminator/Lightning blower to mate with the 4.6 but its a $2,500 kit being its the lower unit (the manifold that houses the intercooler). I want something more cost efficient. If you have some insight, I greatly appreciate it...

Need 04 Wine

Meanest CDN on SVTP
Established Member
Long story short you will need a 4.6 lower manifold.
Only one I know of is Tork Teck(as u mentioned)
However no guarantee lighting charger will bolt to it.

Possible other solution
Ebay find a cobra lower manifold, and upper manifold, but I don't think lightening charger will bolt to it.

beaterbike

Established Member
I've used these to put a 4.6 4v mani on a 5.4 navi motor . The bolts that hold the adapter to the head are counter sunk into the adapter .Pretty sure this is not going to work without machining . If you flip them side to side the bolt holes are in the wrong location and if you flip them upside down the water jacket won't line up.

mizlplix

Established Member
You can make an adapter plate to sandwich between the Eaton M112 and the Cobra lower.
Whipple has done this when doing a test before producing a new kit. It just plays with your belt length.

Miz

Users who are viewing this thread