5.4 Lightning parts

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Had a buddy cleaning his garage that didnt feel like taking the time and hassle to sell all the stuff he had left over from the years so i picked it all up from him and am selling the stuff i dont need. Most of this was pulled from a 02 lightning, some of the doubles im not sure what year they came from. Also some random stuff i dont know what they go to at the bottom. Can combine items possibly for lower shipping and maybe a deal. Also can pick up stuff if you want to save on shipping. In Charleston SC.

Stock heads with cams, they are dirty and need a good cleaning. Still have stock cams in them, missing some of the valve train parts i would recommend them to be gone through before use. 200 shipped (also heavy)
SAM_1007_zpsf16e99a2.gif

SAM_1008_zps743ee15a.gif

SAM_1009_zpsc14a981f.gif

SAM_1010_zpsdf20c24c.gif

SAM_1011_zps84226b5c.gif

SAM_1012_zpsd6c9cd33.gif

Stock cams 75 shipped
SAM_1006_zps8fe7e4f2.jpg

2x Egr piping 35 each + shipping
SAM_1001_zpsc48a3549.jpg

Stock headers 50+ shipping
SAM_1002_zpse8c0788e.gif

I also have some random parts that I either dont know what they are or are just random.
Stock balancer
stock flywheel
power steering pump
Some cut off coil plug wires (7) with clips on them
stock emissions electronics on brackets
SAM_1003_zps2ef8d08d.jpg

Last edited:

Xtremesn95

Established Member
Well as I posted I need a lower n mid/ intercooler

Respect Isn't Given Its Earned

Stopsign01

Established Member
Damaged Eaton

Received the Eaton today, with absolutely no packaging in the box. Literally a 45lb blower in a cardboard box. The snout had pushed through the front of the box, both locator pins on bottom were crushed, and boost bypass bent. There were 3 crumpled up shopping bags as padding. Thanks for nothing seller, refused to accept return and told me not his problem, go through UPS.

"You will have to file a damaged package claim. The box was 100% un damaged when i dropped it off to ship. UPS: Damaged Package Claims Process I dont have any control on how people handle the package once i drop it off at the ups store. It was exactly as i showed when it got boxed up. This is the first time ever that ive had someone say a delivery was damaged out of 200+ shipments."

Cobra03SC

Established Member
The blower was packaged safely and shipped using ups via the ups store. They wont ship it if it was messed up on my end. For all i know the blower was damaged by you. If it wasnt then as i mentioned before im willing to help out with the ups damaged goods claim. Once it leaves my sight i have no control over how the employees of a company handle it, at that point it becomes UPS's responsibility and is exactly why they have damaged goods claims. Ide like to help but flat out insulting me, and then refusing to even file a ups claim is not trying to fix the situation.

Stopsign01

Established Member
UPS store responsible?

You're really telling me that it was a good idea to put a blower and plenum in a cardboard box with zero packaging materials around them? Literally just a blower seperated by a piece of cardboard and a plenum? Have you ever shipped a blower before? I put the pictures on Lightningrodder of ALL of the packaging materials used in shipping, and yes if the box was taped shut when you brought it to the UPS store then of course they would ship it.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
The blower was packaged safely and shipped using ups via the ups store. They wont ship it if it was messed up on my end. For all i know the blower was damaged by you. If it wasnt then as i mentioned before im willing to help out with the ups damaged goods claim. Once it leaves my sight i have no control over how the employees of a company handle it, at that point it becomes UPS's responsibility and is exactly why they have damaged goods claims. Ide like to help but flat out insulting me, and then refusing to even file a ups claim is not trying to fix the situation.

Having been through shipping with ups many, many times and several damage claims...

Let me tell you how this would go.

You file claim with UPS.

UPS looks and asks if its insured for more or less than $100. If less, they just pay the claim.

Next they ask if it was packaged by them or the shipper. If its packaged by them, then they will pay the claim.

If more than $100 and packaged by the shipper, they request a pickup of the item in its original shipping container as received.

They will then contact stop sign to pickup the item. Stopsign will leave it on his doorstep packaged as received. they will then have a third party inspect the box, packaging and item. After this, they will deny the claim due to insufficient packaging and will ship it back to the ups store where you shipped it from. You will then pickup the item and owe Stopsign a refund.

Simple as that.

You can read more here: UPS Declared Value Q&A - UPS Pressroom

UPS is not liable for loss or damage to a package that is not properly packed to withstand the series of movements through the small package environment (as described in the UPS Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service (see Section on Responsibility for Loss or Damage). In such a case, even if the shipper declares a value for the package in excess of $100, UPS will not reimburse the shipper for the damage to the package. (Read these tips on how to properly pack a package.)

svt-02

Established Member
Just contact Paypal and file a claim thru them, I went thru the same thing with a careless seller who wouldn't accept any responsibility for the damaged blower. I hope all works out well for you buddy.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
For all you nut huggers who dont have a clue about a situation but want to chime in. It was packaged plenty secure. Please go out and package a 45lb oddly shaped item and let someone drop it or shake it around for a few seconds... now imagine a trip all the way across America with probably 10+ people not caring about it and tossing it around... Like i said i packaged it well, and i offered to take it back and refund him the money minus the shipping costs untill i could get the money from UPS, he refused this. Its easy to play the blame game when its not his fault and neither is it mine.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
wish I took pictures of the way the driver side head for my terminator was shipped to me. had to of been 2 yards of bubble wrap and a decades worth of newspapers in a huge box.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Thats not all that was in there and he knows it. And btw after all this, this is the very first pictures ive seen... and have yet to see any damage dont to the blower? Not saying there isnt but i haven't been showed any. I was told the blower was poking through the box... so that right there is already bs by the pictures. Like i said hearsay is just that. My offer still remains, if he wants to ship it back ill gladly issue of $225. Ill handle the ups claim and issue and re-maining 25 (it cost me almost 40 to ship it) + what it costs him to ship it back once they give me the funds.

Stopsign01

Established Member
Yup

That first picture is every single item that was in the box besides the blower and plenum. I'm not going to pay 50 to ship it back to you, have you receive a refund from UPS and then MAYBE give me my money back. The paypal issue was already escalated by you, so they'll now decide what happens. I'll give you all the photo's of the damage to the blower you want. The 2 locator posts on the bottom are smashed, and the snout pushed through the cardboard box. Until it's spun at about 15k rpm's the damage to the snout is unknown to me. I still have it sitting right by my front door, hasn't moved since delivered.

Look I've been through this before with a seller on Lightningrodder. He shipped a set of LFP traction bars (58" Chromoly bars) with no packaging at all, just the 2 bars taped together, and a cardboard box with no padding filled with brackets. I file a UPS claim, they refund HIM the 400 dollars I already paid him. I want my money back, and I'm not paying return shipping to you. That's that. If I don't get my money back I'll just keep it, fix it up and port it, port the plenum and sell it on ebay. Like I said I'll give you all the pictures you want, just let me know what you'd like pictures of.

Andy Phillips

Cobra03SC

Established Member
That first picture is every single item that was in the box besides the blower and plenum. I'm not going to pay 50 to ship it back to you, have you receive a refund from UPS and then MAYBE give me my money back. The paypal issue was already escalated by you, so they'll now decide what happens. I'll give you all the photo's of the damage to the blower you want. The 2 locator posts on the bottom are smashed, and the snout pushed through the cardboard box. Until it's spun at about 15k rpm's the damage to the snout is unknown to me. I still have it sitting right by my front door, hasn't moved since delivered.

Look I've been through this before with a seller on Lightningrodder. He shipped a set of LFP traction bars (58" Chromoly bars) with no packaging at all, just the 2 bars taped together, and a cardboard box with no padding filled with brackets. I file a UPS claim, they refund HIM the 400 dollars I already paid him. I want my money back, and I'm not paying return shipping to you. That's that. If I don't get my money back I'll just keep it, fix it up and port it, port the plenum and sell it on ebay. Like I said I'll give you all the pictures you want, just let me know what you'd like pictures of.

Andy Phillips

I would like some pictures. Im trying to be reasonable and meet in the middle here... you are expecting me to refund the 250 + the 40 it cost me to ship+ the 40 it will probably cost me to ship it back... Im willing to take the loss of the shipping costs on my end.

Stopsign01

Established Member
Ok...

Well now we're getting somewhere, but I'm not willing to take the loss on shipping on my end. I didn't package it like this and sell it. I'll email you some pictures tonight.

rickrubin2

Established Member
Btw the bypass valve is supposed to be bent like that the blower looks fine to me along with I see no holes in box???

Users who are viewing this thread