5.2 CARB certification finally issued

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
Some dry reading for most but I've waited quite some time for the 5.2 Voodoo mill numbers to come up. I'm not seeing the EPA cert yet, just the one from the California Air Resources Board.

The certification for the 5.0 engine in the Mustang GT was issued on September 18, 2014 (for use in the 2015 Mustang GT). The certification for the 5.2 engine in the GT350 was issued on June 30, 2015 (for use only in the 2015 Mustang GT350). I put them side by side, GT on left and GT350 on right. And while some of the data was tested to a different standard you can for the most part compare the numbers submitted for relevant test procedures. You can click on this link, then magnify if it is too small for you.

CARB%20certs.jpg

I'm waiting for the complete application for certification for the 5.2 but in the interim, here is one for the 5.0 engine. Note the calibration revision submissions near the end of the pdf. There is quite a bit of data there.

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/datafiles/FOI_FFMXV05.0VIM_APP_UPD_R00.PDF

Liberals everywhere, jump for joy. Your favorite agency rakes it in with every certification. The spotted owl can now rejoice.

2015%20EPA%20check.jpg

cluscher

Established Member
Although I only intuitively have an idea of what I'm looking at, it looks to be a pretty damn clean vehicle.

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
It is extremely clean. We've reached diminishing returns but cost is almost completely ignored by our government bureaucracies. It's all about the children!

I say, if they want to eat lead paint chips, let Darwin have his way. Otherwise, legislation gets pushed through so that we can find out what's in it.:dw:

Users who are viewing this thread