5.0's....

Black*Death

Sleeping
Established Member
Sorry, Dad. :lol1:

Not your dad.... at all....some friendly advice about pitting Mustang owners against Mustang owners...stupid bickering for 40 pages...

But I can't help childish reactions to advice so again enjoy your base GT

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Its really game over when #8 let's go, like the 5.0 and would run one on low boost for a sleeper but guys pushing high numbers are on borrowed time imo.

lol

do some research on the number 8 issue. That's like saying shelbys will bend rods if you add HP.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
lol

do some research on the number 8 issue. That's like saying shelbys will bend rods if you add HP.

Uh, the rods are the weak point in the shelby when pushing 750+ and talk to mmr or some of the other known engine builders and ask them how many blown 5.0 motors they have seen on boost. They make excellent power on them with high compression but she will let go on high boost eventually.

FoofKiller

I> /\/\
Established Member
Damn, sorry OP but you tossed yourself under the bus, I was just the one driving it! You shouldn't talk smack like being a Cobra owner is the end all be all. I drive a Cobra and love my car but I also am glad Ford came out with the new 5.0.........it is the results of what Ford leaned with the 4.6 and 5.4 modular motors that made the 5.0 happen. Great car, in fact so much after my Cobra, looking for a Boss 302!!

Amen, my friend. I wish more people had your attitude. The Camaros are the enemy, not eachother!

Its really game over when #8 let's go, like the 5.0 and would run one on low boost for a sleeper but guys pushing high numbers are on borrowed time imo.

You need to do your research before regurgitating internet nonsense. That number eight issue has been fixed. It was in the early tunes, not weak pistons. A bad tune will kill even the best pistons.
Not your dad.... at all....some friendly advice about pitting Mustang owners against Mustang owners...stupid bickering for 40 pages...

But I can't help childish reactions to advice so again enjoy your base GT

LOL, I don't have a base GT. Funny guy. :lol1:

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
Uh, the rods are the weak point in the shelby when pushing 750+ and talk to mmr or some of the other known engine builders and ask them how many blown 5.0 motors they have seen on boost. They make excellent power on them with high compression but she will let go on high boost eventually.

number 8 cylinder is a non issue and my 5.0 makes more power than your Shelby :)

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
Maybe some people, like me, won't risk their jobs on a street race. No liscense, no job. No job, Boss go bye-bye.

slow306stang

Established Member
Premium Member
It may very well make more power for now but I guarantee my stock block will hold more. :beer:

I don't know. The shelbys throw as many rods as the 5.0s kill number 8 cylinders. The total is up to 11 cases between both cars. We should just sell the cars and get into stamp collecting.The internet says we are doomed.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
I don't know. The shelbys throw as many rods as the 5.0s kill number 8 cylinders. The total is up to 11 cases between both cars. We should just sell the cars and get into stamp collecting.The internet says we are doomed.

Your math is insanely off there are way more cases than that, lol. I'm talking blown motors in general not just #8. Shelby Seems to let go in #7 or 8 as well.

You know how there is always one fat chick in a group of hot chicks? Well the GT500 is the fat chick in this group. lmao.

If 3800 vs 3500 makes a girl fat I'll take as many as I can. Most of that is in motor and blower accesories. The shelby is the hot chick and why its fords top model, lol.

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Hey loudMouth. Go back to your ricer forums if you want to insult people and be an internet tough guy

Better yet... Newb..go read the rules about insulting people outside of smackdown.

Admin will put you and your 2 weeks of membership and 3 posts on a temporary vacation

I remember I was like you when I got my first "fast" car....so sad..

Weak sauce, drop your 2cents in the next guys hat I dont need it, if it were you this guy started this thread about and you were the one using common sense at the time, it wouldnt rub you the right way either. Get somewhere and sit down... no one is talking to or about you...

pohnjarker

Established Member
alot of 5.0 owners used to be cobra owners. the only arrogant ones are the ones that havent actually sat in and gone for a ride in the other car be it a cobra or a 5.0 . Both are ford , BOTH MUSTANGS and both fast. respect is well deserved by both cars.

hell yea. i've never taken a ride in a cobra and this is my first "fast" car but im far from arrogant about it. i just enjoy the smack talking and racing.

i know you're not talking about me specifically, just saying that not all "newbs" are not douches about other cars. much less ones from the same family.

people need to direct all of that anger on lesser cars such as the Camaro/ZL1...lol.

Ande99SVT

Lazy Ass Rifleman
Established Member
Are you talking about riding down 17 the other night? , do you drive the grey termi blk rag top vert? it was my sterling grey 11 5.0 with the track num on it. LOL I usually dont get into the throttle at night cause you cant see the cops on the side of the road. O sir please believe you can get this ass whoopin any time. as a matter of fact you know when the next wot track day is, april 12 @ coastal planes. why dont you bring some cash to make it interesting!!! Or are you scerd....

CAAAAALLLLLLL OOOOOOUUUUTT!!!!!!!

Yessssss! Unfortunetaly I'm leaving Sunday morning (PCS to Cali) so if you want we can roll tomorrow night on the streets. A lot of cops out tonight by the way, you see all of them on the bypass?

I've got no traction for the track, hell I can't even do a hard pull in second on the street.

By the way I love talking smack and vice versa, it's the best way to get a race set up.

I love how WOT (Local Mustang group) guys gotta chime in on this, it's only right that they do, considering I started my 5.0 trolling on their forums, haha.

Truth be told, I'll run anything that is down to go, a loss is a loss and a win is a win, it's the joy of letting your car do what it was meant to do that is the best part. You guys take me too seriously (Especially you WOT boys), haha.

:beer:

Last edited:

ScreamingFast

Chicks love big Slicks!!
Established Member
Don't BS, you said what you meant............which is that all 5.0 owners are cocky but won't race you cause you are a mild manner Cobra owner who's isn't cocky or big headed about his KB Cobra. Don't try to save face now.......

LOUDCOYOTE

Established Member
Yessssss! Unfortunetaly I'm leaving Sunday morning (PCS to Cali) so if you want we can roll tomorrow night on the streets. A lot of cops out tonight by the way, you see all of them on the bypass?

I've got no traction for the track, hell I can't even do a hard pull in second on the street.

By the way I love talking smack and vice versa, it's the best way to get a race set up.

I love how WOT (Local Mustang group) guys gotta chime in on this, it's only right that they do, considering I started my 5.0 trolling on their forums, haha.

Truth be told, I'll run anything that is down to go, a loss is a loss and a win is a win, it's the joy of letting your car do what it was meant to do that is the best part. You guys take me too seriously (Especially you WOT boys), haha.

:beer:

:bs:do you not race legally? Id rather spend $20 than pay to $300 the local police. sounds like your scared! you know how to get in touch with me when your serious!

Users who are viewing this thread