5.0 vs Solstice vs navigator.. sorta

RussianStang

Established Member
Not much or a race but sorta related to a kill story.

So last week I made a right turn on to Jomax rd going to the I17. As I make the turn some asshole in a Pontiac Solstice gets right on my rear bumper and follows me all the way to entrance of the HWY. I can hear this guys exhaust over mine and plus he has his gf in the passenger seat so I just had to put him in his place. as we start to the merge on to the HWY he decides he is going to try to do a ricer fly by on me. As he was getting closer to me I stepped on it and pulled at least 5 or 6 cars on him instantly. A few seconds later I let him catch up to me and he gave me the thumbs up but while that was happening some Lincoln navigator catches up to us and gets right next to me on my right side. I thought nothing of it because if he was a cop, he would of been reading my plates at that point. Well after a few minutes I decided to get on the 101 loop and I usually like to take that turn faster than usual. I took that turn at around 80-90mph (nothing crazy) but right behind me was the navigator and the Solitce behind the navigator. I put about 20 cars on them when taking that turn. When I got out of the loop I can see the navigator is flying towards me and thats when I realized "oh **** im screwed it's a cop". Luckily for me the soltice guy was still trying to show off his muscles so he decided to pass the navigator in the emergency lane going about 100+ and right as he passed him the navigator hit his lights and pulled him over, giving me the free to go ticket. I couldn't stop laughing knowing that he totally just saved me from a speeding ticket.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
I didn't read any of that. I was too busy watching your sig.

J/k

Your cops rock Navigators?

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
You did get lucky, sounds like the Navigator cop had his sights set on you. This is one instance you can be thankful for the ricer mentality.

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I ran into some dipshit in a Solstice about 5 years ago on my way home from work in my '98GT. He was modded and waved goodbye as he pulled ahead. I don't mind losing, but the attitude made me want to set him on fire...if I could catch him. I've never run into another one that wanted to race.

Gotta love the fact that his doucheness got you out of some hot water!

Charlington

Established Member
I had a similar story( to the OP) from long ago but it was a Camero vs a plain black Fairlane. Morning rush hour but headed the opposite direction away from downtown. 4 or 5 lane interstate, 60mph traffic, passing cars and changing lanes weaving thru the traffic I noticed the black Fairlane would pass me then I would pass him again both of us doing 80mph. Finally get to a clear spot before him and ease up to 100mph. Then he gets clear of the traffic and zooms right up to me and hits the lights behind the grill. Damn, I'm screwed. I pull over and he asks for my license and says "This is a pretty nice car. I'd hate to see it get torn up." Hands me my license and gets back in his car, drives off...
Probably a detective responding to a call and didn't have time to write me up but wanted me to slow down.

Last edited:

BadBlue98GT

Established Member
I also had an encounter with an unmarked bright red Camaro Z28 in South Carolina back in the day. The Ford/Chevy rivalry almost went horribly wrong for me, but luckily the state trooper was cool!

jhonda

Established Member
Here in Charlotte NC we have all kinds of undercovers 03 cobra done up right, 350z done up nice too. They were confiscated from street races I believe. I got pulled over by a 4runner for doing 69 in a 35. He followed me up my driveway and waited on some marked units to arrive.

Users who are viewing this thread