5.0 vs Crossfire

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
So I just headed out to gas 'er up ($3.29 for 87, Jesus Christ) and get some 99 cent Rubios fish tacos. Upon getting my tacos after the bitch took forever to haggle over the guy before me's change, I order and get my food.

Upon returning I hear a car leaving the lot I am leaving and catch up. It's a black Crossfire with some kind of after market exhaust. Sounds racy so I turn left to follow, see if I can get a run. I figure we'd be decently close. Well, we catch a light and we both roll and them smash it, he immediately pulled a fender and walked to about a car or 2 by the top of my 3rd. He would have put more had I not let out. I catch him at the next light and was gonna tell him his shit sounded mean and moved out nice and the first words out of his mouth are "Mine's supercharged", followed by "400 horsepower" and he kinda rolled forward more. I had a car in front so I couldnt stay even, but the smirky faced F***er apparently thought a blower and 400hp is the be all end all and didnt even let me compliment his shit. I hate smug guys that obviously know little about their cars.

But now it's time for Rubios. Hope you enjoyed the tale.

sweet86

Established Member
So I just headed out to gas 'er up ($3.29 for 87, Jesus Christ) and get some 99 cent Rubios fish tacos. Upon getting my tacos after the bitch took forever to haggle over the guy before me's change, I order and get my food.

Upon returning I hear a car leaving the lot I am leaving and catch up. It's a black Crossfire with some kind of after market exhaust. Sounds racy so I turn left to follow, see if I can get a run. I figure we'd be decently close. Well, we catch a light and we both roll and them smash it, he immediately pulled a fender and walked to about a car or 2 by the top of my 3rd. He would have put more had I not let out. I catch him at the next light and was gonna tell him his shit sounded mean and moved out nice and the first words out of his mouth are "Mine's supercharged", followed by "400 horsepower" and he kinda rolled forward more. I had a car in front so I couldnt stay even, but the smirky faced F***er apparently thought a blower and 400hp is the be all end all and didnt even let me compliment his shit. I hate smug guys that obviously know little about their cars.

But now it's time for Rubios. Hope you enjoyed the tale.

what kind of times are you running and what do you have for bolt ons. Just curious

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
I havent ran the car in almost 2 years, my best was 14.3 at LACR which is a notoriously poor track. Alt. corrected that's around a high 13. But that was on street tires and before some work Ive done since. The car has an e-cam, mac CAI, stock heads (I know), performer RPM intake, equal length shorties, 2.5" midpipe, pro 5.0 short shifter, MM full length SFC's, and 3.73 gears. My car really needs some aluminum heads but I am trying to fix the suspension as money comes and address the motor later.

mysticalsnake

Established Member
probably the srt-6 crossfire...even with exhaust he'll have to have more to be at 400HP i do believe...and a pulley swap for those damn things is about $900. and bone stock they're good for low 13's

16kOrBust

Established Member
That's a respectable loss. Too bad he was a dick. I had a guy in one of those pull up next to me, but at the time I didn't know they had a special version of them, so I didn't think much of it. The guy tried to race me but we were in a really bad cop area heading into a worse cop area, so I declined. Had I known, I would have tried to get him to turn around and then wiped that cocky-ass grin off his face. It did sound very nice, though, nice enough to grab my attention. I figured he just had some exhaust done.

RedRocketMike

A Member Well Known
Established Member
Good death, SRT-6 Crossfires are quick cars. To bad they guy wasn't cool. That might have been the stock exhaust, its loud. They make 330hp stock and they cost like 46,000.

16kOrBust

Established Member
Good death, SRT-6 Crossfires are quick cars. To bad they guy wasn't cool. That might have been the stock exhaust, its loud. They make 330hp stock and they cost like 46,000.
OMG, overpriced much? That car better have one of the nicest interiors ever.

SaleenSpeed

Stock Block Rockin
Established Member
Wow, I didn't know there was an SRT Crossfire. The car was pretty murdered out (black) and I couldnt see any badges, nor hear a supercharger over our exhausts. It was def. quick, I don't feel so bad if it was an SRT blower car, but I would have thought I'd have done worse honestly with 400hp. Learn something about the opposition everyday,

Users who are viewing this thread