5.0 vs c5 z06 Finally

dabster

Established Member
This may be a little long winded, bear with me. I've seen this guy around a few times all winter right by my house. Finally a couple days ago it was somewhat warm so I decided to try to play. We were about a mile from the highway so I decided to flip a bitch and follow him on. He just kept flooring it and slowing down but wouldn't line up with his wife or girlfriend in the car. This upset me as it made my taco bell cold. However, luck would have it that I see him that same night about 5 hours later on the exact same road. This time no girl in the car. We finally got a couple runs in. This was a c5 z06 no idea mods it was LOUD though. My mods are x pipe and lund tune. Thoughts? Any ideas what he had? first pull was a 2nd gear hit, I spun in 2nd a little. the 2nd video is a 3rd gear hit to 140ish. I was very pleased.

http://vid212.photobucket.com/album...1-AF3B-40D5-9889-B640AC4298D7_zpszerjflv1.mp4

http://vid212.photobucket.com/albums/cc274/stlrollin6/09904951-AF3B-40D5-9889-B640AC4298D7_zpszerjflv1.mp4
\

Last edited:

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Very nice. I can't wait to run my buddies in my car. We have the same mods so I am interested in seeing how close it is going to be. Nice kills

dabster

Established Member
Thanks man! He was definitely coming back on me up top. Those cars are light, I couldn't have been happier, I had one passenger and he had 0 as well. I wish he would have pulled over or talked, both of our cars were really loud I wish I knew what he had done.

T's03GT

#Team5bro
Established Member
Yeah that is why I am hoping I can hold off long enough haha, I don't plan on winning but I'd like for it to be a close run. If anyone has a passenger it will be him haha, weight is ridiculous on those cars.

bokyo1987

Established Member
Good kill. I was actually expecting the C5Z to pull quickly since they're 11 sec capable stock. Could have been an '01 Z or an FRC too.

Last edited:

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
He definitely had the advantage. Those cars loaded are sub 3125lbs. You also had a passenger, GJ!

Yep, very light, close ratio MN12 with the LS6 made for a lot of fun. That is indeed an impressive kill, my full bolt-on C5Z felt much quicker than my Coyote, even after bolt-ons, 47lb inj & E85 tune. That doesn't necessarily mean it was, you felt very connected to the C5Z, not much in the way of sound deadening etc, the sensation of speed when rowing thru the gears at WOT in that car was awesome.

Last edited:

96chargedcobra

Established Member
I have a turbo c5z06 and a turbo coyote. Coyote spools and feels faster from 0-80. Vette 80+ is crazy.

Last edited:

96lazervert

Established Member
My humble opinion sees that you more than got the jump on him because he was asleep. So for the C5 to over come that and catch you in 1 or 1.5 gears means he a good bit faster than your car. Mod for mod the coyote doesn't have a chance. Similar cubes, Mustangs much heavier, etc... Ruling drivers out that is

Last edited:

dabster

Established Member
Nice. Isn't it the same vid posted twice though?

Fixed! thanks!
My humble opinion sees that you more than got the jump on him because he was asleep. So for the C5 to over come that and catch you in 1 or 1.5 gears means he a good bit faster than your car. Mod for mod the coyote doesn't have a chance. Similar cubes, Mustangs much heavier, etc... Ruling drivers out that is

He was definitely coming back up top I don't disagree, but that was 60-140 something as I was in 5th...Definitely long enough to consider that a clean run. He WAS coming back though

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Hate to be the bubble buster here, but dont be too happy..

I think the vette guy barely knew what was going on.. You can tell by him not recognizing the "3 honks" and how delayed his reaction was. You got a huge jump on him (his fault).

A stock 02-04 c5z would be enough to beat you with your current mods if driven correctly. Not to mention once you start messing with modded ones.

dabster

Established Member
Hate to be the bubble buster here, but dont be too happy..

I think the vette guy barely knew what was going on.. You can tell by him not recognizing the "3 honks" and how delayed his reaction was. You got a huge jump on him (his fault).

A stock 02-04 c5z would be enough to beat you with your current mods if driven correctly. Not to mention once you start messing with modded ones.

did you not watch both runs? I agree the 2nd run he was late, both cars were so loud it was hard to hear the honks. The first run we both start at the exact same time and are next to eachother through 4th...

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
did you not watch both runs? I agree the 2nd run he was late, both cars were so loud it was hard to hear the honks. The first run we both start at the exact same time and are next to eachother through 4th...

Initially I only saw the one video posted twice. I have now seen the other video. Much better run. Video showed that he was clearly the faster car as previously stated.

dabster

Established Member
As I said before, he was coming back up top for sure. I did spin on the initial hit, but don't see it mattering up top. Either way I was pleased, thought that it was a pretty close run!

Users who are viewing this thread