5.0 vs 911 Turbo S

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
damn man! Gotta love 911 Turbos. Also sad that seeing videos like this = death of manual.

The screenshot of the video doesnt show the 125 shot, I initially thought no fricken way a bolt on 5.0 has a chance with these new turbo S 911's.
I've heard these 911's are like GTRs running high 10s stock.

Cowboytk

Grey Ghost
Established Member
nice runs. I figured the 5.0 would eat dust on a dig, that's turbo s playground. the roll I figured would be where the 5.0 began to stride.

MFE

Established Member
Is there an online style guide that points people to where they can find the shittiest ****ing music of all time, so they can totally ruin their videos with it?

94_Vert

Established Member
Yes I believe they are awd. I remember when the '96 911 turbo came out, 3.6 0-60. It blew everything away.

R1Lello

Established Member
Turbo S - one of 3-4 cars to run consistent sub-3's 0-60. 2.7 best I believe, with only the Bugatti going 2.6......although the M- P1 must be close too now.

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Looked about right to me, the 911 traps mid 120's and the full-weight 5.0 with the nitrous should trap around the same.

Diablo Mike

Trinity Guy
Authorized Vendor
Apparently they can't take the fun out of winning.
This.

Why stick with an antiquated manual, you aren't running a flathead under your hood are you?
Technology marches on. Manuals will continue to get whipped by new autos that shift in the time it takes you to think about pushing the clutch in.

Its like saying you hate streaming videos, and wish you could watch them on VHS...2014 FTW ;)

Kiohtee

Established Member
I was really looking forward to calling BS, but thankfully I don't have to.

And notice how the 911 Turbo S was still putting up a fight from a roll, as a convertible with the top down... and a passenger! Ridiculously impressive!

helloWorld

Established Member
To show how fast those turbo s's can be, here are two recent videos of NON-s 911 turbo's against GTRs.

[video=youtube;x7LW9yA7h40]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7LW9yA7h40[/video]

[video=youtube;XAId3vqwqvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAId3vqwqvc[/video]

Users who are viewing this thread