5.0 thoughts

bmyles

Established Member
Hey guys I have been pondering trading my car lately , not that it's not a fun car or holding up decent just thinking I guess. Just wondering what everybody's thoughts are on the 5.0 from a durability stand point, not I am running 650 at the wheels and it's fine. More like let's say when it's 60000 + on it with a power adder or lightly modified for that matter . We all know the 5.0 is a great performer now but what are your thoughts about long term reliability ? We're assuming proper maintenance and not driving it like a retard to .

fulanititoo8198

Established Member
I'm at 650 to the wheel as well. I'm just planning on maintaining it pretty aggressively and I expect it to get to 50-60k easily. I plan on building the motor eventually so I don't think it's fair to judge reliability at that point.

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
I feel if you keep your motor lubricated with the best synthetic oil, have a safe tune from a reputable tuner, 600rwhp should be a non issue for this motor. Hell, I put 70k miles on a supercharged mach 1 motor which is much weaker than the Coyote, i had zero issues.

DaBigBone

Established Member
I know a few people right about the 600 mark with 0 issues. All in the tune and how you drive it.

Angry50

Established Member
I think its based more on driving and maintaining. even if it is tuned aggressive if you don't beat the snot out of it should be no problem to put the hammer down on occasion. if you rip and run hardcore and do track events every weekend use inferior oils ( or forget to change oil all together) then a stock motor might have a hard time making it to 60k. I see no reason why a 600whp properly tuned DD couldn't go 60k easy with normal maintenance and upkeep.

Lone Star

Established Member
I have 64,000 miles on mine and a blower is on my short list of next purchases. I have full confidence this engine will hold up if properly cared for as I have been doing.

Users who are viewing this thread