5.0 Surging Problems Under Acceleration

FoMoCoStang

Rollin the Fox..
Established Member
It was running fine, and the drive home from the movies, i was on the highway, and was going about 70 in 5th.. (stock 3.08's)

And when i exit, get on the smaller streets, i feel the car surging, like its misfiring or something.

Any ideas?

bp03svt

Established Member
Check your spark plug wires. You have full lengths on your car right? It only takes one wire to get burnt to make your car start to skip like that. Hope this helps bro.

Oh yeah, did you ever get any fogs for that fox? If not, I had to get new ones for my 92 GT daily driver. I still have the old ones, but the lenses are both cracked. Let me know if you'd be interested in them--just have to get new lenses for them.

Last edited:

FoMoCoStang

Rollin the Fox..
Established Member
bp03svt said:
Check your spark plug wires. You have full lengths on your car right? It only takes one wire to get burnt to make your car start to skip like that. Hope this helps bro.

Oh yeah, did you ever get any fogs for that fox? If not, I had to get new ones for my 92 GT daily driver. I still have the old ones, but the lenses are both cracked. Let me know if you'd be interested in them--just have to get new lenses for them.

I only need one. I have one here already , let me know, i think im gonna have to buy new wires, looks like my long tubes burned one of mine alittle. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread