5.0 & SFs Modular Shootout/Smackdown @ NRP this October 22nd...

Fourcam330

Established Member
5.0 & SFs Modular Smackdown @ NRP this October 22nd...

5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Modular Smackdown @ Norwalk Raceway Park on Saturday October 22nd from 9am-5pm.

On Saturday Oct. 22nd from 9am-5pm at Norwalk Raceway Park (Norwalk, OH) forty dollars ($40.00) buys you an unlimited number of quarter mile passes against whomever you choose to line up against, all day long, at a track as notorious for its hook (both lanes are fully prepped multiple times per day) and cleanliness as it is the $1/1lb homemade ice cream it sells. Some participants from prior SD’s have made as many as thirty passes at a single event, so there’s little concern regarding actual track time.
NE Ohio air in mid October is typically brisk and of mineshaft composition. In short, unless the event is rained out, records are sure to be set and broken by everyone that participates. There is NO tech inspection on site, so you will need to sign an insurance waiver, we expect racers to come prepared with the proper safety equipment for their cars ET. There is also no set in stone timeline or format for the event, which perennially makes “Smackdown” a truly enjoyable and somewhat relaxing race for both racers and spectators alike.
At this October’s Smackdown, we will also be hosting the first ever 5.0 Mustang & Super Fords Modular Smackdown—featuring some of the biggest names and quickest/fastest cars in Modular racing today (2V NA/2V PA, 4V NA/4V PA); Dr. Jamie Meyer of 5.0&SFs. will be present for the duration of the race performing event and car coverage. He will be also looking for feature cars for a magazine spread, both modular and pushrod. So..have your car cleaned up and ready to go as the camera never lies!!! In addition, professional photographer Kelly Pelrine will be on site taking pictures. Kelly shoots for many magazines and does a top notch job.
Anyone participating in the event may choose to enter the 5.0 & SFs Modular Smackdown (obviously you must be racing a Modular) for no additional fee—though you will be required to fill out and submit a basic info form similar to what you see in 5.0&SFs every month. We will be writing "SD" underneath the number on the windows to identify for Dr. Meyer which cars are participating in the magazine smackdown.
We have secured a group discount rate (10% off) at a few local hotels/motels (all with wet bars open until 2:00am) located less than 3 miles from NRP itself. I’ll post more hotel contact info in the near future. One NRP concession stand will be operating, and as always you may bring your own food/drink—NRP also has the nicest restroom facilities I’ve ever seen at a track, bar none.
There are no real sponsors for the event, meaning there are no prizes (other than internet/magazine fame), however vendors (with prior approval) are welcome to set up a tent/booth in the vast NRP pit area.
This is an all Ford event, so PM Ben Dorn (MODCOBRA) or me if you’ve got something interesting to bring that doesn’t wear a blue oval.
If there are any other specific questions about the event, again please feel free to contact either of us via PM with your questions or concerns.

Link to the Smackdown Forum: Clicky Clicky

Thanks!

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
GT owners this will be the perfect venue for you to come out and rip off a few low stress passes on one of the quickest, fastest, and nicest facilities in the country. You would also be included in the 5.0 & SuperFords Magazine feature and see your names/cars in print.
I realize the GT isn't a hot rod, however how often do you get to legally run wide open for 1320' perfectly straight feet against whomever you want as many times as you want? You'e got to have at least one quarter mile slip to go with a vehicle like that. ;-)

Last edited:

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
fourcam, do you know how far away norwalk is from national trails? i live about 20 minutes from national trails and this sounds like it would be fun(although i would have to be a spectator, no ford for me yet).

one more thing, do you think i would be able to race my nitro RC car, heh heh?

Last edited:

Fourcam330

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
fourcam, do you know how far away norwalk is from national trails? i live about 20 minutes from national trails and this sounds like it would be fun(although i would have to be a spectator, no ford for me yet).

one more thing, do you think i would be able to race my nitro RC car, heh heh?

Norwalk is about 2-2.5hrs N/NW of where you are. LOL, I'm sure it wouldn't be a problem to make a pass with your R/C car, as long as it's not a Honda ;-)

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
cool, a little long but not to bad of a trip. yea, i wont be having anything honda, lol. thanks, hope i can make it up there.

Fourcam330

Established Member
Ry_Trapp0 said:
cool, a little long but not to bad of a trip. yea, i wont be having anything honda, lol. thanks, hope i can make it up there.

It's worth the trip. You'll actually get to see what a real race track looks and feels like. Trails is absolute shit by comparison.

WhinRR

Established Member
So you CAN run a pushrod just can not compete in the challenge? I would LOVE to go and run before the year ends.. BTW this track is A EXCELLENT track great traction and well cared for.

909cobra

Established Member
ImageDisp.aspx

Users who are viewing this thread