5.0 H.O vs 3.2L SHO

BenBrausen

Established Member
I was comin' home from Fahrenheit 9/11 (uptown theater with 1100 people in one theater) tonight on Hwy 36 comin' outta Minneapolis when a late model red 5.0L H.O. (had white 5.0 H.O. stickers on the bottom of the doors) with a white drop top ('94-'95ish?) got on the highway next to me off Dale St. I knew he was game. He had a hot girlfriend in the passenger seat. :D I dropped it outta OD and passed him at around 55mph then blasted it to around 65mph. He gunned it and rolled up alongside me. I gave him the :thumbsup: and took off with him following. Went up to about 90mph and he slowly dropped back. Hit the brakes and passed alongside him again and we went again. He pulled at first and I reeled him in and passed him. Hit the brakes and did it once more but I came up on a mini van in my lane and had to hit the brakes. I dropped back and got in behind him in the left lane. We passed the van and he jumped into the right lane. I came up alongside him and he smiled and dropped it down and took off. I followed suit and slowly pulled on him until I was about 3/4 of a car length on him. We quickly came up on a white crown vic just as we came into Maplewood on Hwy 36. He dropped about 50ft back and I braked and slowly came alongside the Vic. It wasn't a cop and I dropped back next to him. He mouthed "Is that a cop?" and pointed. I shook my head and as we passed the Hwy 61 exit, the Vic got off at the quick exit just before the stop light for English St. The yellow warning lights before the light on English went on and we both had more then enough time to coast through the light but both braked. We came to a total stop and he revved his V8... I turned off the stereo and dropped all the windows down to hear all the beautiful engine noise. For the 1st time since the tranny rebuild I was down for goin' full throttle from a total stop. When the light turned green I put it to the floor and so did he. He kicked up a nice little cloud of white smoke and I broke them loose through the entire intersection. He pulled to about the point where his rear bumper was at my front bumper when the ATX hit the 2nd gear shift and chirped them nice and loud again as I started to pull pretty good on him. By 50mph I was even with him and at 65mph I had just passed him. I jumped in front of him in the right lane at around 80mph to get off at my exit on White Bear Ave. I gave him the :thumbsup: out the window and he honked and his girl waved as I exited. It was sweet and satisfying to know even with 192K on the clock she still has the power.

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Pretty good story, my g/f want to see same movie, after I went out crusing ran against a 65 nova with young guys in it. I was kinda shocked they were young, anyway sorry it wasn't a contest the 03 put a hurt on them, wasn't close turned off. I had a 93 sho atx btw.:rockon:

04HillzGT

Established Member
sorry not really educated when it comes to SHO's my buddy has a manual 95 SHO bone stock what does ATX mean? What mods do you have?

rpalmer

What's the hurry?
Established Member
I really don't understand why Ford dropped the MTX in '96 and killed the SHO a few years later.

If I could find a time-warp 5 speed SHO with like 20,000 on it, I'd consider trading the Cobra pretty seriously.

-RP

Users who are viewing this thread