5.0 GT rearend in my 13 gt500

KENS96M6

Established Member
I am thinking about buying an entire 3.73 rear end instead of doing a gear swap. Can anyone tell my if a regular 5.0 rear will physically fit my car. I know it comes with a smaller bearing, tube not spot welded, and is not painted but I can pick one up pretty cheap. I am not sure if the yoke will mate to my DS. Thanks

Zemedici

Established Member
I doubt it would work.

Guys have been swapping gears in these straight axle cars for years....why are you wanting to re-invent the wheel? Just put 3.73's made for that rear end in there, and good to go.

KENS96M6

Established Member
I doubt it would work.

Guys have been swapping gears in these straight axle cars for years....why are you wanting to re-invent the wheel? Just put 3.73's made for that rear end in there, and good to go.

The gears for both rears are the exact same. Do you have specifics as to why it will not work?

Zemedici

Established Member
The gears for both rears are the exact same. Do you have specifics as to why it will not work?

I assume driveshafts are different, axles may be the same. Quickest way to tell would be if rear end numbers are the same.

Beercules

Established Member
It should fit. Only things they changed for the gt500 that I know of are the bearing and the torsen diff. The drive shaft should fit also...5.0 won't have the CF shaft but dimensions should be the same since same ring/ pinion.

Users who are viewing this thread