5.0 Full Bolt Ons + Tune vs. Procharged 2010 Camaro SS

SVTMang

Established Member
I wish I had gotten a video of this. Had the girlfriend in the car. A 2010 SS pulled up on my rear bumper less than a foot away. I'd nudge up and he'd follow suit. Well he was pissing me off a lil bit so I took off a lil hard when I hit 2nd. I pulled away for a second spinning then traction control kicked in and shut me down. He blew past me. So I just kept going. Noticed he was right beside me. He kept revving his engine at me multiple times so I revved right back. Guy was really ticking me off. There was too much traffic to do much. So I just tried to ignore him as I slow shifted from the next stop light. I was in my girlfriends part of town and she warned me about cops so I tried not to do anything. He was still in a low gear(prob 2nd) kept lunging beside me trying to get me to go and I was in 5th lugging. Finally the girlfriend said "Just do it!!" and that's when he takes off so I downshift to 3rd(should have went down to 2nd but due to time constraints...) and take off after him. He gained maybe a car to a car and a half from the initial hit. I never pulled him he never pulled me and I was only able to get to the mid of 4th before the next stop light. I pull off to where I had initially planned on going, Dairy Queen to get some ice cream and he pulls in behind me and tells me he just got his pro charger kit put on and dyno tuned at 562whp. At that point I told him I was just full bolt ons maybe making 420whp. I had noticed though in my rear view that the car had some type of inter cooler. But that's what happened to me this past weekend.

FICannon

Semper Fidelis
Established Member
God...These threads are getting old.

A 562 hp Camaro can't out run a FIVE POINT OH, even with 142 more rwhp.

Sure...

Mr. Mach-ete

Liberals Suck
Established Member
God...These threads are getting old.

A 562 hp Camaro can't out run a FIVE POINT OH, even with 142 more rwhp.

Sure...

Possibly. I have a friend that ownes a 545hp Whipple 04 Cobra, he could not break into the 11 at the track. Is his car slow? No. Drivers, tires, suspension make a huge difference. Who knows what the set up was on the SS?

BlueSnake01

Established Member
Possibly. I have a friend that ownes a 545hp Whipple 04 Cobra, he could not break into the 11 at the track. Is his car slow? No. Drivers, tires, suspension make a huge difference. Who knows what the set up was on the SS?
Im sure his trap speed was above 120 though. Traction, tires, etc dont matter much from a roll.

As for O.P, anything can happen? :shrug:

SVTMang

Established Member
Im sure his trap speed was above 120 though. Traction, tires, etc dont matter much from a roll.

As for O.P, anything can happen? :shrug:

Idk man. I only dynoed 388/374 on a really low reading dynojet. But a full bolt on MMR Block 5.0 with Boss Intake and Stage 3 Cams only dynoed 425/300ish on the same dyno. That should easily be a 450-500whp car. The Camaro's are pigs. But still IMO he should have took off and left me. Didn't look like he was spinning. Maybe heat soaked from lunging beside me multiple times? Prochargers also being a centrifugal blower doesn't come on hard like a positive displacement blower. Idk man. Surprised me. I thought it was just a bolt on camaro until I heard the supercharger whine when he pulled in and he told me that. I'd like to run into him again on an open road.

5 ltr. beater

....in spacers we trust
Established Member
Idk man. I only dynoed 388/374 on a really low reading dynojet. But a full bolt on MMR Block 5.0 with Boss Intake and Stage 3 Cams only dynoed 425/300ish on the same dyno. That should easily be a 450-500whp car. The Camaro's are pigs. But still IMO he should have took off and left me. Didn't look like he was spinning. Maybe heat soaked from lunging beside me multiple times? Prochargers also being a centrifugal blower doesn't come on hard like a positive displacement blower. Idk man. Surprised me. I thought it was just a bolt on camaro until I heard the supercharger whine when he pulled in and he told me that. I'd like to run into him again on an open road.

great runs!

and i agree with the other guys that you beat the driver and not the car. camaro's are indeed heavy but not much more than a 5.0 :burnout:

SVTMang

Established Member
bench racing serious up in here!

No bench racing here. What happened happened. Whether the guys car wasn't running right or he just couldn't drive, Idk.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
These new 5.0s are awesome. Wrong gear, passenger, and still staying right there with a forced induction car.

SVTMang

Established Member
I did however own a 508whp Cobalt before the 5.0 and ran the previous owner of the 5.0. Its what made me want the car because it hung so well N/A with a car that weighed less and was over 500whp. He was a buddy of mine who couldn't afford the payments so here I am, lol.

ruZty

Established Member

Yes that car would be slow...the old cobras are fat pigs. Takes about 700rw to break into high 10s...

As for the OP, im sure he just gave up and was gonna run past you and didnt expect you to actually race since you denied him so many times before...Just guessing though

ramstein

Established Member
I did not read the thread, I only saw the heading. 5.0 destroyed it right?

pickup_man06

fast is never fast enough
Established Member
gotta be a shitty driver. he did say he just put the p-charger on? prolly meant that statement and you were the first guy he found. who knows though, couldve been anything. but still, his way of getting you to race was a little stupid. try once, fail, try again. fail twice, then go find someone else!

SVTMang

Established Member
gotta be a shitty driver. he did say he just put the p-charger on? prolly meant that statement and you were the first guy he found. who knows though, couldve been anything. but still, his way of getting you to race was a little stupid. try once, fail, try again. fail twice, then go find someone else!

Most likely. Not many fast cars where I was. I'm 23, took my gf to prom that weekend who is 18(no I'm not a baby chaser). Nicest car there was mine when we showed up til we left I noticed a 2013 GT500. Looked to be a garage kept weekend warrior/a.k.a. Daddy's ride. No vettes or anything else sports car like tho. All people own where she lives are loud trucks and rice cars. I'd love for that camaro to run into the GT500. That's prob his life goal, lmao.

SVTMang

Established Member
Yes that car would be slow...the old cobras are fat pigs. Takes about 700rw to break into high 10s...

As for the OP, im sure he just gave up and was gonna run past you and didnt expect you to actually race since you denied him so many times before...Just guessing though

Damn, you sure about a 700rwhp termi? I didn't think they were that big of pigs. I knew verts were but damn. When I was into cobalts we had a guy in a pretty well full weight car fwd at that in the high 10s on a lil over 500whp. It wasn't a shop car either. Private owner. That was about the limit of those cars on the strip.

And he def went wot, I saw the big plume of black smoke come out of his exhaust, when he grabbed 3rd. Maybe the tune was off? But LS motors like it rich down low. I tune them with hpt on the side.

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member

I can't say I have ever heard a pro charger whine. I have heard a bit of a whistle sound At idle but never a whine.

Good kill.

Users who are viewing this thread