5.0 Fox vs 97 Cobra.. Who wins?

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

WHAT??? WTF did you hear that?? Dont tell me...MM&FF?!

If it's gonna split, it will with or without the girdles, genius.

Why are you getting all hot and bothered Susan? I don't read any Ford mags..

I will throw that question back at you then... Explain in detail how 2 girdles will not effectively help an engine combination in longevity? I've seen people have success with the combo I listed.. If you want to disagree then so be it, but It would help if you had a reason.

Nobody saying it will make a junkyard smogger a bulletproof motor, but it's a nice piece of mind when dumping a good chunk of change into a build if you can't afford to drop another 2000+ on a virgin aftermarket block casting.

http://www.horsepowersales.net/

Last edited:

mr2cam

Established Member
There is no reason for Dusten to build the 302 and spend a lot of money on a block that most likely will end up cracking in the long run, especially when he is planning on building the 408 later.

ford5.0forlife

Dead Stop
Established Member
I was just stating a point.. If you going 351w based, all the more power to you. I never looked back from my swap. Im making well into 302 block splitting power on stock block/crank/rods...

Sorry to threadjack.. i'll leave until there has been a race. ... AND GET IT ON VIDEO... we've waited long enough.

Dusten

Established Member
no need to worry about the thread jack, that is all this thread is. its 12 pages, and we still havent raced

mr2cam

Established Member
I was just stating a point.. If you going 351w based, all the more power to you. I never looked back from my swap. Im making well into 302 block splitting power on stock block/crank/rods...

Sorry to threadjack.. i'll leave until there has been a race. ... AND GET IT ON VIDEO... we've waited long enough.

Dont worry it will be on video, almost a for sure thing friday right after I get off work, we wanna do it during the daylight because our last night videos sucked balls.

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Why are you getting all hot and bothered Susan? I don't read any Ford mags..

I will throw that question back at you then... Explain in detail how 2 girdles will not effectively help an engine combination in longevity? I've seen people have success with the combo I listed.. If you want to disagree then so be it, but It would help if you had a reason.

Nobody saying it will make a junkyard smogger a bulletproof motor, but it's a nice piece of mind when dumping a good chunk of change into a build if you can't afford to drop another 2000+ on a virgin aftermarket block casting.

HorsepowerSales.net and Valley Girdle Pro Homepage

I'm getting all "hot and bothered" as you put it, over your "150+ more rwhp" statement, cause it's complete bullshit.

When the block splits in the cam journals all a main girdle and valley girdle will do is keep the halfs together.

Now lets think about this, 1 5/16 screw on each end and a 3/8 bolt in the middle, how is that adding strength?? How is that gonna stop the block from cracking in the cam journal area?? Hows it gonna stop from cracking in the lifter valley area??

You know as well as I do, well you should know anyway, a late model roller 5.0 is weak EVERYWHERE, no amount of bracing is gonna stop it from splitting.

As for your 150+ rwhp, I'm not saying people havent put down 600+ on a stock block, but it wasnt because of girdles that it lived

Girdles are for fat chicks

youngone

I hate ugly people
Established Member
Wait a minute, the Valley girdle dosent even use screws or bolts on the ends..

it uses ****in ROLL PINS...ROLL PINS...bloody hell

mr2cam

Established Member
i have motivation to build it too... the wife thinks i'll sell the car first. **** her

Well with your reputation of keeping cars I can see it haha. The sushi sled feels pretty decent at 13psi, I wanna give chris 4 lengths and the hit and see if I can catch him :D.

mr2cam

Established Member
Well looks like the fox wont be making it out this weekend, just got a call from him and he was hearing a nasty noise coming from his differential, he pulled it apart and it appears that the bearings are shot. I'm gonna try to get a few races on tape this afternoon though, me at 13psi vs an evo VIII at 22psi (turbo back exhaust and mbc). And then im gonna try to get my friend with his newly aquired 92 3000GT VR4 (stock) to come out and the 97 cobra. I will post back later with videos if I can get everyone together.

98 N/A 4V

Established Member
Damn, I guess I'm a little late on this thread. I'm surprised that stopsign never mentioned my name since he sees me post on LS1tech. Oh well. Carry on then.

-Mark

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Hopefully someone will run tonight. Whats the weather like there? It was pretty clear in the Spokane/CDA area today.

mr2cam

Established Member
Hopefully someone will run tonight. Whats the weather like there? It was pretty clear in the Spokane/CDA area today.

Well I called Chris (97 cobra owner) and he apperently took off to seattle for the weekend, and with Dusten's fox being down it would have just been me, the evo, and the 3000gt (which wouldn't have been a match for either of us with him being stock). So if its nice next week we will run them then once Dusten gets his rearend fixed.

Dusten

Established Member
im trying to find a yoke for my rear end. Randy's can get me on tuesday, but im going to try and call six states in pasco monday and see if i can just drive over and get one. I'm trying to avoid a used one.

Dusten

Established Member
just a few pics, so people dont think i was making up excuses.
Pinion bearing took a shit, and pinion started walking around, so we put in new gears.
0302091730.gif

0302091732.gif

0302091722.gif

0302091733.gif

0302091739.gif

Stopsign32v

Established Member
At this point I would just give up trying to race anything and lock down this thread. Almost 2 months and nothing has happened. When there is actually a race of some kind make a new thread.

Users who are viewing this thread