5.0 coyote mustang 5.bro VS bolt-on 380 WHP Cobro

matt87

Established Member
380 rwhp with bolt ons? someone better get their money back. i made 412 with a k&n and stock tune.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Some have dynoed that stock. Catback and filter on stock tune puts them over 400rwhp. Your buddy needs to get his car checked out. I would still give the 5.bro the win without a pulley but I'm curious what "boltons" he has. Once he had to shift it was over.

I see this going 86 pages.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
380 rwhp with bolt ons? someone better get their money back. i made 412 with a k&n and stock tune.

I made 427rwhp 396rwtq with a steeda filter and a borla stinger catback with a stock tune. On stock f1 tires which are harder than a rock, 2,000 miles on the car, unprepped track, I ran a 12.32 at 115mph with a shitty 1.97 60 ft. race weight was 3860lbs. lol

71catruck

Established Member
86 pages might be a low ball. But I can totally seen 380 at thw wheels.

If he was only at 3/4 throttle. And he really needs to learn how to shift.

matt87

Established Member
woulda been alot more interesting if it wasnt another pussy driving an auto.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
Will have to admit, that Cobra looks and sounds stock. Slow Short shifting on top of it, Put a good driver in that car with some decent air and it's a much closer race. Just my .02

94_Vert

Established Member
But the cobra driver was bad, but he needed to put a pulley on it, but he was sleeping, but his car wasn't running right, but but but.

kcsvt94l

1D 10 T Error
Established Member
But the cobra driver was bad, but he needed to put a pulley on it, but he was sleeping, but his car wasn't running right, but but but.

Stock vs stock the two cars are a damn good race. The Terminator is modded and the 5.0 has axle back/cai and no tune. The CAI's that dont' require tunes don't give squat for additional power. same can be said with an axel back. So for the A6 5.0 to put lengths on a bolt on terminator, it's certainly not the norm man. Just keeping it real. I've owned both cars.

ArmedSuspect

destroy everything
Established Member
i don't think this'll be a bad thread.... we should all be able to agree that NO "bolt on" Cobra should be making 380whp.

something is either wrong with the car OR it's absolutely stock. if the latter is true, race would be close and our non-driving gear banger didn't help his case.

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member

Really? Lol. Come on guy. If you really think this is the outcome all the time with bolt on 5.0 and bolt on cobra then you know nothing. If they both had simple little bolt ons it would have been a damn close race like kc said. I trapped 115 mph on stock tires with a catback and filter only. If I had that setup today I would love to run your car. It wouldn't look like this video FYI.

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
No need for excuses, the cobra lost. Bolt ons SHOULD net more than 380hp BUT it is what it is. This argument happens EVERY SINGLE TIME a 5bro beats a cobra or vice versa lol. I guess some people love the entertainment. We all know what both cars can do with each mod added. A pullied cobra can beat a 5bro(given equal drivers obviously), but once the boss intake goes on then buh bye cobra obviously. It's always the same crowd in on the debate. Anyways, carry on folks.

Users who are viewing this thread