4x4 Beater - Need advice

760-MPH

Established Member
92 Ford Explorer - got a new ford edge so this has just been sitting around. needs a starter and possibly a battery, everything else works fine. i think around 120k.

Has anyone donated a car in Maryland? Is that my best option or should i just take the tires off and scrap the rest?

explorer4.jpg

explorern.jpg

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Tax donation in MD will now only get you a tax deduction on the amount the car goes for at auction. Not blue book anymore. So, you'd be better of selling in on craigslist.

760-MPH

Established Member
ok thanks for the feedback fishtail. i'll put it on craigslist as you suggest for 500 and see if there are any takers as is.

otherwise i'll replace the starter in a week or two and see what happens then.

zaxjax

The Detailed Image
Established Member
ok thanks for the feedback fishtail. i'll put it on craigslist as you suggest for 500 and see if there are any takers as is.

otherwise i'll replace the starter in a week or two and see what happens then.

Someone was just looking for a beater and $500 sounds great. So it just needs a starter?

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
I think you could get more than $500. Although it looks like it might have some bad rust. Couldn't really tell from the pic. OHV V6 is nearly bullet proof and will run forever. It'll make a good beater for somebody.

Maybe try posting it for sale at explorerforum.com

wheelhopper

Established Member
I have a worker that is sharing a vehicle with his wife, this may be just the ticket for him. I'll let him know.

760-MPH

Established Member
Thanks guys. Didn't think there would be any interest on here with the gas mileage. I used it in the winter months when I had my mach1. Needs a starter and yes it has some rust. Ifyou are interested let me know and I will take pics and or vids. Starter can be had for 60-70 and is easy to fix. I am anxious to get this out of the driveway...

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
Id definately throw a starter on it and ask at minimum $1,500 for it. It will still go fast.

760-MPH

Established Member
just bought a starter, will try to get it on this week - anyone on svtperf want to buy it for a 1,000, help me put the starter on and drive it away? :beer:

otherwise i should have it on relatively quickly - if you have any interest in this please PM me, i will do my best to make a deal with someone on this forum.

760-MPH

Established Member
anyone else hate dealing with craigslist? seems like a waste of time. just replaced the starter and had to replace the brake line too. anyone have any interest on this thing ?

760-MPH

Established Member
let me get you better pics of the rust on friday. im trying to get 1250 obo after what i just spent on the tow, starter and brake line.

Users who are viewing this thread