4v Fox Body Suspension

JoshBerry

Okay, I am going to be swapping everything from a 2004 Mach 1 into a 92 Mustang Coupe. I am wondering what type of k member, a arms, coilovers, etc you would recommend to get. This will be my daily driver, it will see some races on the and drag strip. If there is anything else you would recommend for this swap please let me know, I am all ears. I have been trying to gather as much information for this swap as I can.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Maximum Motorsports K-member and control arms. If you use the rear axle out of the Mach, you'll have some backspacing issues..your rear wheels will stick way out. You'd be better served keeping the fox rear, getting some 5 lug axles, and just swapping the brakes over.

Shocks/springs are more a matter of personal taste. I prefer Koni, other folks like Bilstien, or Tokico.

blacksheep-1

Established Member
MM is pretty much the class of the road racer/daily driver field. If it's drag only, and weight is an issue the UPR chromoly would be the choice.

The rear will work OK, just watch the offset on the wheels, in fact one of the mustang mags just did an issue on installing the IRS into a fox, plus I did that as well., The IRS is the same width as the Mach stick axle. Do yourself a favor, either go with the stock upper control arms, the IRS or the MM truck arm suspension, or a watts link. Don't use a stiff aftermarket upper control arm (or a panhard bar) on the "triangulated 4 link" POS rear suspension.

Users who are viewing this thread