4th Annual Mustangs Assault the Dragon - July 9-11

acobb4834

The original discussion can be found [ame=http://tnmustangclub.org/forums/showthread.php?t=536]HERE[/ame]

The 4th Mustangs Assault the Dragon will be held the weekend after the July 4th weekend, just as last year. This year however, it will be an all weekend event. This is mainly due to the way cabins are rented and needing to rent one for 2 nights.

I have some ideas for the weekend that I will post once things get underway.
Tentative schedule:
July 9 - Fun in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge. Events TBD.
July 10 - Lunch at 12 pm (Restaurant TBD). Tail of the Dragon immediately to follow with a stop at Deals Gap and the cruise ending at Fontana Dam. I'm expecting an even larger turnout than last year so the organization will probably be different than usual. Everyone will need to pay close attention to instructions and be cooperative to make this enjoyable for everyone and not a huge mess.
July 11 - Possibly a trip to Cherokee, NC. Events are still TBD.

Those not wanting to stay overnight can just meet the group at the restaurant on July 10th.

I'm currently looking for cabins in the area that will hold 20-30 people. If anyone has contacts in the business and can get a great group rate secured, please contact me by email at [email protected].

Once planning is further along, I will post up more details.
I will not be posting a list of everyone attenting as usual. It's much too tedious keeping up with it on several sites. Also, it's not worth it when several that say they will be coming have to back out last minute. I will be keeping up with an attendance count and of course a count of those paying to stay overnight in the cabin.

Most likely, I will be breaking those attending into several groups. At least three, but possibly more depending on how many attend. Groups will be separated by time intervals to keep things from getting crowded.
*Red Group = "faster" drivers (relative of course, speed limits should still be observed) that have been to The Dragon before, or have track/driving school experience, AND have the chassis upgrades (especially brakes and suspension) to safely take part in this group.
*Yellow Group = the average driver that simply wants an enjoyable cruise and the challenge of takling The Dragon
*Green Group = the "Sunday drivers" that have no interest in pushing the car at all. Most of those in this group will probably be driving slow enough for their passenger to take pictures of the scenery during the cruise.

****When you post your interest in coming to this cruise, please let me know which group you would like to be placed in. If you want to be in the Red Group, I have to right to reject you if I don't feel you or your car can handle it.****

Users who are viewing this thread