4R75W setup for sale or trade

collins8

Established Member
I had all intentions of going auto but I have changed my mind.

First of all I have a newly rebuilt 4R75W built by Jerry Wroblewski. This tranny has an 03 4R70W case from an 03 Mustang GT with the internals from a 04 4R75w. So it has the 4R75W pump in it, Alto red clutches, 5 plate intermediate, 8 plate direct, 6 plate forward, It has a mechanical diode intermediate one way, tailshaft lubrication mod has been done to it, Jerry's mods are done to the stock valve body to make her shift quick and firm, and it has all the upgrades needed for a 700 FT-lbf of torque car. For more info I will have to ask Jerry, but I can promise you he built it right. The tranny has never been in the car. I also have a PI tripple disc torque converter newly rebuilt by Circle D. Cricel D upgrades these unit with a better friction material so it will take the abuse. Converter is still in the box Cricle D shipped it in.
http://www.circledspecialties.com/
This converter was built pretty tight to allow me to take advantage of my wide torque curve. I would guess it will stall around 3000 RPM. I also have a new in box tranny cooler.

Tranny cooler info

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0006HM8DO/themussou0b307228-20

I would like to work a trade for a viper spec t-56 setup for my 99 Mustang or I will take $2000 for it all.

Rob

shhak

Established Member
Does it have a trans brake? I'm about 250 miles from you in Collinwood, TN and I've got a viper spec T56 with about 2k miles since the rebuild. Spec 3 clutch, MGW shifter etc. My car is a TT 03 and makes about 685rwhp and 600rwtq on pump gas and a little over 800 on C16. Would it hold this?

collins8

Established Member
It should hold it fine. Does not have trans brake. Just curious at what RPM are you shifting?
Who did your T56 rebuild?

Rob

twisted03

Established Member
my t56 isnt a "viper spec" but it will hold a ton of power. i would be willing to trade my whole t56 setup for your auto setup. also have clutches driveshaft,fidanza alum flywheel, the whole shibang. pm me if your intrested!

shhak

Established Member
It should hold it fine. Does not have trans brake. Just curious at what RPM are you shifting?
Who did your T56 rebuild?

Rob

It was rebuilt by 6 Speeds Inc. I usually shift at about 6400 or so. I'm not the best driver in the world, so I never even attempt to power shift it. My T56 is in great shape. Any idea on what it would cost to have a manual valve body with a brake on it put in that trans of yours?

Users who are viewing this thread