4R70W Terminator Strip

Mystic04SVT

Established Member
I am making 758rwhp and im wondering if anyone making the same amount of power as me is running this tranny? What are your thoughts on the tranny?

99cobrajn

cant touch this........
Established Member
Well I have that trans and I love it with the spray I whould be at about those numbers. I dont have a nitrous tune but I think it will work well at that power level. Allgo the guy you got those step down boxes from ran that same trans also.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
youll be fine. I had the same trans for 2 full years and didnt have one issue. Granted I was only 600rwhp but it had some hard miles.

Check out FB Performance also. They seem to have the 4r nailed down. There is a GT500 up here w/ one making 900+ and running 9.0s w/o an issue

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
im going to go with FB for my transmission build because of the amount of questions they ask to make sure the transmission will be setup correctly for your car and work well...also there prices are good!

sc98cbra

Established Member
I've got a friend with an 800hp TT 96 cobra using this transmission. He said it cut 3-4 tenths off his ET, but made it boring compared to his T-45 that he had in it.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
My swap will be finished and tuned this week. I bought it from FBPerformance and so far can't speak enough good words about them. Can't wait to find out how it drives!

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
The only thing im sketchy about is it holding up over time

No, that's not an issue and plenty have done the swap. The exact transmission I bought option wise has been a GT500 that's run low 9's and I think 8's recently for 2 years without any issues at all. Another guy has had his for 3 to 4 years and just went 8's with it also in a 03/04 Cobra. I'm not sure who built his but it's still going strong without ever being worked on.

Users who are viewing this thread