4r70w (NO REVERSE), PI L/U converter, and B&M hammer shifter FOR SALE.

blake_yount

Established Member
As stated in the topic line I have a 4r70w and a PI multi disc L/U converter for sale. The transmission has all forward gears but no reverse so it will have to be gone through. When I drained the fluid to remove the transmission it DIDN't have any metal in it at all but stunk pretty bad. Lost reverse while on the dyno at Kurgan's. Transmission was sitting behind a 1000 RWHP car. Deep pan to hold more fluid capacity. The converter is a PI 9 1/2" muli-disc lock up converter. It has a Freddy Brown manual valve body with transbrake, 3 speed forward pattern with O/D. 300M upgraded shaft, and has the Freddy Brown relay pack to go with it. I called PI and spoke with Mike and gave him the numbers off of the converter and he told me it was last sent in on March 2013 for a stall adjustment and a freshen up. Since I have had the car I haven't put 500 miles on it. He told me that it should stall between 3200-3500 depending on the horsepower of the engine. He said that a standard freshen up on this converter is $262.50 as long as it doesn't need anything major, which it shouldn't. This converter is $1079.26 new.

Also have a B&M Hammer shifter also for sale. I personally don't like ratchet style shifters. Changing directions on the shifter and converter or I would reuse them on the new transmission.

$1500 for the transmission

$600 for converter

$100 for shifter

I just about spent 3 times that on my new set up to live behind my engine's horsepower and weight of my Cobra so you can buy this tranny and converter set up and freshen both up and still be money ahead.

Give me a call if you have any questions or arrange purchase. Paypal accepted as long as buyer pays fees. Local purchase only or willing to come pick it up. I live near Farmington, Mo.

Thanks!

Blake

573-225-4938

Users who are viewing this thread