4R70W Experts needed.

fangs99

Established Member
I just finished my 4r70w swap Monday and started driving the car some to find and fix any bugs before it gets retuned and makes any track passes. the VB is from PA and is full manual with trans brake. Well, the trans brake likes to engage on its own. Luckily it has only happened at a stop or when the car is just barely rolling from idle. My first thought was a bad momentary button so I changed the button out for a flip switch and it seemed to fix it but, it did it again at a stop light on the way to work. any help/ info would be greatly appreciated.

Venomous 03

Established Member
I just finished my 4r70w swap Monday and started driving the car some to find and fix any bugs before it gets retuned and makes any track passes. the VB is from PA and is full manual with trans brake. Well, the trans brake likes to engage on its own. Luckily it has only happened at a stop or when the car is just barely rolling from idle. My first thought was a bad momentary button so I changed the button out for a flip switch and it seemed to fix it but, it did it again at a stop light on the way to work. any help/ info would be greatly appreciated.

Have you checked wiring?
Wheres your switch?

Last edited:

badblacklx

Established Member
Are you supplying the solenoid with a constant 12v then the ground on momentary? If so you have your ground wore finding a ground before your switch.

1Fast-Turbo-Cou

Established Member
I have a PA valve body with Trans brake, not full manual though. Any ways on mine the Trans brake solenoid is activated with a ground, not 12v power.

badblacklx

Established Member
I have a PA valve body with Trans brake, not full manual though. Any ways on mine the Trans brake solenoid is activated with a ground, not 12v power.

You have a short then on your ground wire either in the case at solenoid or somewhere in your wiring. Possibly a faulty solenoid. The solenoid gets a constant 12v from somewhere and you are supplying the ground via momentary switch the short/faulty solenoid is causing tb to activate.

fangs99

Established Member
thanks for the input fellas. looks like I'm dropping the pan tomorrow. this is my first auto setup, I'm trying to keep from hurting this trans.

fangs99

Established Member
Well I have checked all the wires to and from the transmission. Some how I still have .3-.4 volts after the switch when it's off but it's not all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread