4r100 Automatic Transmission

dhoyle24

Established Member
I'm thinking about changing my 2011 Shelby GT500 to an automatic transmission. Anyone running a 4r100 transmission? If so, how do you like it? Any other automatic transmissions being used? Any recommendations? Thanks in advance for your time and information.

Dustin

BAD 500

Established Member
I'm running the 4R70W from Freddie Brown. I like it. For me the pros outweigh the cons.

niceguyyy01

Established Member

dhoyle24

Established Member

Coonsnake

Established Member
Message me, I was the first 4r100 swapped gt500. I have lead a few others to this swap and they both love it.

Coonsnake

Established Member
Only con I found was the extra weight of the tranny over a lighter th400, but for a street car you will never know the difference. I sent you a message a few days ago, did you receive it?

ViperRed91GT

Lightning Guru
Established Member
What are your goals? There is no trans brake option for the 4r100, if that matters to you at all. TH400 would be my choice, but they each have their hurdles.

Last edited:

dhoyle24

Established Member
What are your goals? There is no trans brake option for the 4r100, if that matters to you at all. TH400 would be my choice, but they each have their hurdles.

The trans brake doesn't matter to me. Just trying to get some recommendations on the best options and then go from there.

dhoyle24

Established Member
Only con I found was the extra weight of the tranny over a lighter th400, but for a street car you will never know the difference. I sent you a message a few days ago, did you receive it?

I did receive your message. That's a lot of work to get done. More than I expected, to be honest. But still thinking long and hard about doing it.

WSPI

Established Member
I'm running the 4R100 in my truck with the gt 500 powerplant. Talk to Brian at BTS (Brians truck shop). He will build you an awesome monster just the way you want it. I think he has a trans brake option now too but didn't when I got mine. I like the way it drives!!

Users who are viewing this thread