4lb Lower Pulley w/ Stock blower?

MACHSELF

Established Member
Is it worth putting on a 4lb lower with a 2.8 upper on a stock blower???? I have a 2.8 upper already on with a Predator 93 oct pulley tune. Will the stock blower be out of the effeciency zone???

03slobra2

POSI "race"port FTW
Established Member
You will be getting to the limits at that point. Wouldn't be a bad idea just to add some meth/water to it so you don't have to worry about it!!!

unit213

Bone Stock
Established Member
Your much better off with a ported blower if you do a 4lb lower. Even with the 2.8 upper on the stock Eaton, boost falls off in the upper rpm range due to inefficiency.

ctubbs

Established Member
Im running that setup right now. I like it. But i also have a ported blower sitting in the garage waiting to go on the car.

rmk600

Established Member
What's the difference in a 4# or 6# lower? The car I'm buying has a 2.93 upper and I was just curious what a good supporting lower would be. Stock eaton. Thanks.

bigmoose

Established Member
What's the difference in a 4# or 6# lower? The car I'm buying has a 2.93 upper and I was just curious what a good supporting lower would be. Stock eaton. Thanks.

2#'s.

i ran a 2.93/4# on my stock blower and didn't have any problems. However, i did see my power start to drop off around 5500rpm, unlike now it pulls to 6500 with the ported blower(2.76/4#).

MACHSELF

Established Member
2#'s.

i ran a 2.93/4# on my stock blower and didn't have any problems. However, i did see my power start to drop off around 5500rpm, unlike now it pulls to 6500 with the ported blower(2.76/4#).

I'm going to Get my blower ported by Stegmr. Stage 4, and the plenum and T/B too. Outta see good power at that point....Along with finding out what my current problem is...(lol)....:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread