494rwhp CTS-V vs Stg3 18G SRT4

SlwSVT

Established Member
Your car moves out. The caddy definately sounds a little optimistic on the rwhp numbers though. They make about 330rwhp stock. I would think closer to 450rwhp with bolt ons and a 100 shot. Maybe he had a cam too??

chadO

Established Member
looks like your from michigan. is that down by the airport. I sure cannot forget a big ass tire like that

Lstruck03

Man Pedal User
Established Member
The vid said ls1 dosnt 04 05 cts v come with an ls6?? nice run tho.

cts-v's were ls6 in 04/05 and ls2 in 06/07. Both were 400hp from the factory, and both make roughly the same power with boltons, cam, etc.

good runs op! pretty nice skittle you got there.

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Damn I can't believe you hooked in 2nd... Or did you?

I punched it, it hit the limiter, I shift it barks the tires in 3rd & I was on my way. It's a crap shoot til I finish my suspension, which takes money that I don't have right now. :(

That's why I did the 1st race in 3rd gear, it bogged for a second he got the jump, once I hit 4th, bye bye. :) 5th is nice to. :rolling:

MAP CTS-V

Your car moves out. The caddy definately sounds a little optimistic on the rwhp numbers though. They make about 330rwhp stock. I would think closer to 450rwhp with bolt ons and a 100 shot. Maybe he had a cam too??

Why's that?

Off the bottle;
brunson396.jpg

On the bottle;
brunson494.jpg

Billy Boat Long Tube Headers, Our Twin Disk, Magnaflow Cat-Back, I made an intake, and a Nitrous Outlet plate kit. Could use a little more tuning to get the curve to smooth out a little bit in the 4-5k area however its hard to smooth out a nitrous curve. Especially when its not direct-port.

I didn't realize how low I was on pressure in the bottle and fuel, I almost ran out of gas on the way back from the run. I barely made it into the gas station heh. Bottle only had 300psi in it, and no bottle heater:(

All of which I don't care, I run what I brung. No excuses, its my fault if the car is not 100%.

Dennis's car is quick and always has been. I know that I could of beat his car that night by warming the bottle up a little bit, changing the jets out to my 150shot, and then getting some gas ;) for starters haha. However that is not how I brought my car to the meet that night.

I'll be back in a month or so, and we can meet up again. By then I should be on my 175 shot, and have my new cam and intake manifold. Hopefully you have your nitrous going by then as well!

-Adam

Last edited:

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
sounds like a plan. We'll see what you bring out next time. We'll see how you do against me just turbo, then if I need the bottle, I'll bring it. :)

DDogsrt461BLK

Video God
Established Member
Why's that?

Off the bottle;
brunson396.jpg

On the bottle;
brunson494.jpg

Billy Boat Long Tube Headers, Our Twin Disk, Magnaflow Cat-Back, I made an intake, and a Nitrous Outlet plate kit. Could use a little more tuning to get the curve to smooth out a little bit in the 4-5k area however its hard to smooth out a nitrous curve. Especially when its not direct-port.

I didn't realize how low I was on pressure in the bottle and fuel, I almost ran out of gas on the way back from the run. I barely made it into the gas station heh. Bottle only had 300psi in it, and no bottle heater:(

All of which I don't care, I run what I brung. No excuses, its my fault if the car is not 100%.

Dennis's car is quick and always has been. I know that I could of beat his car that night by warming the bottle up a little bit, changing the jets out to my 150shot, and then getting some gas ;) for starters haha. However that is not how I brought my car to the meet that night.

I'll be back in a month or so, and we can meet up again. By then I should be on my 175 shot, and have my new cam and intake manifold. Hopefully you have your nitrous going by then as well!

-Adam

If the bottle has less then 700psi it's empty!!! Even 3-4 lbs at 65 degree room temp is still 800-900psi. You admitted that you sprayed the 1st run, 100% of it, I started in 3rd gear & ran you down.

2nd race was both in 2nd gear, my bad it just went with no drama!!

Could of beat my car? I was on turbo only, I hit it with my nitrous you stand no chance in Hell. You got served for ribbing me while my car was down, saying I only race SLOW cars!!! I have a bottle warmer in my car, so that excuse about bottle pressure is BS!!! Get your car done & let me know when your coming back, I'll be ready for you. We'll see how you do with my car on the bottle. :rolling:

You got, GOT & you won't admit it. :read:

:pop:

Users who are viewing this thread