480rwhp Cobra vs STOCK 06 Viper

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Video I made of my two buddys cars racing out in Mexico.

Bone stock Viper with Driver mod.

Pullied and ported 03 Cobra. 480rwhp. This is the same Cobra you can see my SS racing in the "cam only camaro SS vs Pullied Cobra's" Thread.

Enjoy.

03+pullied%2fported+Cobra+vs+06+viper

I know I know about the end and coming into traffic. Very stupid thats why we shut down.

Last edited:

jeffs

Established Member
Sorry over 3 minutes for a 10 second race at best, couldn't hang out, other repliers, let me know what happens, but yeah nice shiny vehicles, wow!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
That Cobra runs slow for the mods it has. I raced an 06 Viper and got him by a car length to 130ish. That was a really short race and the Cobra got pulled right off the hit.

Last edited:

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
That Cobra runs slow for the mods it has. I raced an 06 Viper and got him by a car length to 130ish. That was a really short race and the Cobra got pulled right off the hit.

I ran a '06 SRT10 and got him by 1/2 a car from 50-140ish. I believe they run around a 11.8 bone stock.

Shitty video quality, but here's the run:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fphxMyyyjeQ"]YouTube - Supercharged Mustang Vs Viper SRT 10[/ame]

2.76 BF upper with idlers, Steeda CAI, Mac Prochamber mid, Magnaflow catback, and a dyno tune.

XyX

Still in the game.
Established Member
lol at the stereotypes that can be derived from that video

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
Notes on the video say:
srt-10 viper...bone stock

03 ported stock eaton, pullied on 12psi.

The thread title says 480rwhp Cobra, but the OP leaves comments on the video saying:

no...its a 06 viper so its 505hpCHadboss...the VIPER is STOCK, not the Cobra. The Cobra put down 502rwhp in 40* weather. Its got a ported blower,pullied etc....

Stock '06 Vipers dyno 45x whp/48x wtq usually as far as I know. I've seen 2 on dynojets throw that down anyway.

My stock Eaton with a 2.76 upper and other boltons took down a '06 on a nice cool June night.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member

The viper owner is a real good friend of mine. He can drive anything to its full potential. When I say it has the driver mod, I mean it.

For example, at the track he was beating my buddys ZR1 half way and at the traps they were dead even. They were both running 11's.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
12lbs of boost???

What a waste, bring the b**ch up to 17psi.

its hellion twin turbo now WITH the blower....reason why he wasnt pushing more boost. He had the TT kit awaiting in his garage. I will have new videos up as hes trying to make 800rwhp WITH the ported blower and stock pully.

SSmokinn SS

Established Member
Notes on the video say:

The thread title says 480rwhp Cobra, but the OP leaves comments on the video saying:

Stock '06 Vipers dyno 45x whp/48x wtq usually as far as I know. I've seen 2 on dynojets throw that down anyway.

My stock Eaton with a 2.76 upper and other boltons took down a '06 on a nice cool June night.

ok, want a cookie? The cobra in the video made 502rwhp on a 38* day and 480rwhp on a 92* day. Point???

R3dn3k Flyby

Vivid Racing
Established Member
ok, want a cookie? The cobra in the video made 502rwhp on a 38* day and 480rwhp on a 92* day. Point???

Yes, I'd love a ****in cookie. :shrug:

I'm just stating what I read, what I saw in the vid, and what I've experienced with my Cobra.

I don't see how a Cobra running 12 lbs of boost through a ported blower is going to make 502whp SAE. I also don't see how a Cobra making 480whp on a 92* day is going to lose that badly to a stock SRT10. Driver mod is very important from a dig. From a roll it doesn't do quite as much.

You posted the video. You expect no discussion of the results?

Users who are viewing this thread