$46,000

broeli

Established Member
04SCRMINYLWVERT said:
I'm going with 44k now that they have rated it at 500HP.
I agree. I think there is a reason msrp hasn't been released yet. Now that Ford pulled a slick move and they've got it certified at 500hp they created more hype... meaning more money for them :)

drmustang

Banned
SVTF#4327 said:
Wrong...Ford still has the Thunderbird!

TheThunderbird was a hyped, highly anticipated offering that ended as an abysmal failure due in part to the Neanderthal mentality that is pervasive throught Fords retail network. The Terminators shared the the same "market adjustment", customer infuriating, pricing. The end result in both cases was an abrupt market collapse that can only be cured with an embarassing level of discounts and rebates.

It is abundantly clear that the Ford retailers have learned absolutely nothing from either of these two recent experiences.

Last edited:

eichisama

SVT Lurker
Established Member
SVTF#4327 said:
Wrong...Ford still has the Thunderbird!

Um, I don't think the new Thunderbird counts as a "small 2 seat roadster", especially priced where it is ($10-15k more than the other cars I just listed).

But if you think so, then fine. Obviously you've missed my point.

cobraracer46

Banned
fastblkmach1 said:
at 46,000 dollars with a 4 year loan and at 6% it would cost $1,080 a month. This is without the interior upgrade package. I need to hear really good things about this car and it needs to be in the 40k range msrp because after taxes and everything its gonna get up there. After the car payment gas and insurance thats half of my monthly income. For a car!! (and I live with my parents). and just to be clear Im mad because I like the car and I probably wont be able to afford it. I need to start looking into a house instead :)
The only thing that's dumber than paying a dealer mark up is throwing your hard earned money every mouth on a purchase that rapidly goes down the toilet in value and guess what, if you can only make payments on it, you can't afford it. :burn:

95_XB331

Established Member
With the original Y2KR at 55K and it had some really cool goodies (diff cooler, brakes, seats, etc...) and the Terminator at 35K,and looking at the competition of SRTs and SSes, we're definitely looking at low 40's (42K) for 500HP.

That could create lower demand, and the price of gas nearing $4 bucks for 91/3 octane, I wouldn't be suprise if they cut production numbers. Those factors actually justify the 500HP (limited quantity) and limit the market to a specific type of customer. Heck, look at the Vette/SS @ 600HP--they are considering free driving school lessons for buyers. In the end, 98% of the people out there will get into trouble with 450+HP (i.e. think rain!). And with [spoiled] kids able to buy BMWs @30K, a 35-40K GT500 sounds like a recipe for trouble by the NHTSA.

And still, for a car to hit low 12's at that weight would need 500HP.

I know some here have deposits, but anyone know if the planned production numbers changed?

Last edited:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
drmustang said:
TheThunderbird was a hyped, highly anticipated offering that ended as an abysmal failure due in part to the Neanderthal mentality that is pervasive throught Fords retail network. The Terminators shared the the same "market adjustment", customer infuriating, pricing. The end result in both cases was an abrupt market collapse that can only be cured with an embarassing level of discounts and rebates.

It is abundantly clear that the Ford retailers have learned absolutely nothing from either of these two recent experiences.

Very well put. :rockon:

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
drmustang said:

I think the same thing happened with the GT. Ford has not sold out and has cut production due to a few jerks with too much money and dealers who don't understand how to do good business over the long term......Steve

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
HISSMAN said:
As far as Terminator cosmetic appeal goes, there is a reason that about 99% of all of the street trim Terminators still look like they did from the factory. Most people think the styling is spot on. Could they have taken it a little further, a little wilder, yes. But when I look at my cobra I see a machine that has a civilized grunty look to it. Big wings and air dams, etc make it look a little to ricey. I love the looks of my cobra, and most everyone else does as well. Short of the front end of the GT500 there is nothing that is more aggressive than the regular GT. At least the Terminator has this big ass end that screams grunt.

-Jeff
Indeed! :beer:

The GT500 would've been a bit more appealing to me if they did a little more to the side skirts like side exhaust and the rear valence. The front I think looks good but nothing like the Terminator. When I drive my car with those fat a$$ meats on the rear people tell me the car just looks EVIL! Try fitting 335's on the GT500 and maintaining a flush with the fenderwell look... :D

ZeroFear

Banned
fastblkmach1 said:
at 46,000 dollars with a 4 year loan and at 6% it would cost $1,080 a month. This is without the interior upgrade package. I need to hear really good things about this car and it needs to be in the 40k range msrp because after taxes and everything its gonna get up there. After the car payment gas and insurance thats half of my monthly income. For a car!! (and I live with my parents). and just to be clear Im mad because I like the car and I probably wont be able to afford it. I need to start looking into a house instead :)

spending half your income per month on a car is pretty stupid. I bring in around 5000 cash a month, and i would feel like a dick spending even 500 on my car payment. Though tis was learned the hard way , for when i first started to make money i got a 9-11 for the pimpness of it, but soon realized it was just a car and i was wasting money, cuz no one really gives a shizzle.

Users who are viewing this thread