451 HP SRT-4

Freeway Flasher

Established Member
501 HP SRT-4!!!

Well here you guys go just a guy from texas with a T3/T4 upgrade and a piggy back unit to control fuel etc.....The thing is there are a couple other's running around that are probably pushing quite a bit more power than him.....Oh yeah that is with a pretty bad boost leak....Dyno Sheet

UPDATE: Well Steve slapped a brand new massive intercooler on her and guess what he got 501 HP and 526 FT/LB of torque.....He says the stock clutch has it's days numbered, but the stock internals are holding just fine.....He now plans on a stand alone system to kill the factory redline since it is gaining hard all the way til redline......Just thought i would update you guys!!!!!!
500 HP Thread

Last edited:

jlsnsw

Hello San Diego!!!
Established Member
Like those cars, but have to ask:
How long will that block last with that much HPs?
My guess is not too long, but I could be way wrong.
It is sweet though that Dodge made an import fighter that kicks their A$$.

Freeway Flasher

Established Member
Well if you read further down in the post he took it in for a compression test and everything checked out perfetly....Ran a boroscope on it and said the cylinder walls were clean enough to eat off of.....These guys in particular are gunning to see what is the weak link in the motor.....Then they are going to rebuild it......So we will see what the future holds....They are going for 500 HP on friday.....And that is with over 200+ dyno pulls and plenty of runs down the 1320......

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
It's impessive, but jlsnsw has a point. It wont last long. I have opened up a few mitsus with over 400whp and the walls looked perfect and glassy, but the ring land were all cracked. Till very impressive #s.

Eatonup

Established Member
:beer: I love these little cars and the ricers seem to hate them, which makes me like them even more. :) How much pressure to get that horsepower?

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by Eatonup
:beer: I love these little cars and the ricers seem to hate them, which makes me like them even more. :) How much pressure to get that horsepower?

nice

BenBrausen

Established Member
Why is it that so many people say stuff about the engines not bein' able to handle the power when there seems to be very little proof of it thus far? People are sayin' "We'll see how those engines hold up over time." Yes we will but why do people use it as a put down? The same can be said about any kinda car. I'm sure people said the same thing about blown Cobras when they first came out. Why ya gotta hate? Heh...

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
Originally posted by BenBrausen
Why is it that so many people say stuff about the engines not bein' able to handle the power when there seems to be very little proof of it thus far? People are sayin' "We'll see how those engines hold up over time." Yes we will but why do people use it as a put down? The same can be said about any kinda car. I'm sure people said the same thing about blown Cobras when they first came out. Why ya gotta hate? Heh...

What are you talking about I dont hate anything. I HAVE ONE. I say it wont last long from experience. I have lost many 400whp 2.0l motors; it has never been due to poor tune. Its just physics. The more force on a smaller area is more stress, period. I'm not saying a 400hp 2.0l will only go 2 weeks, as many of mine have gone over 30k miles and been great commuters....for a while.

captain4g63

Idiot
Established Member
My buddie's '03 SRT-4 has been puttin' down 420hp for more then 50K now. He has yet to have any problems.

ok.....I have no idea what I'm talking about. I must be an idiot or something.

love bandit2

Established Member
My buddie's '03 SRT-4 has been puttin' down 420hp for more then 50K now. He has yet to have any problems.

50k miles? these cars have only been out for a little over a year! He must have had a 150 mile commute 7 days a week for the whole year!

postin the midnight oil..
Established Member
Those are very impressive numbers....Props to the owner for pushin the envelope on it..Now if Ford was to bring over the friggin Cosworth Focus dammit...That would be awesome.Ford and Dodge against all the imports ....

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
I concur. Or maybe a Focus with a 2v 4.6, since the new stang has the 3v? The 4.0 wouldn't be bad either.

L3thal 324

Established Member
yeah i saw that car dyno here at UTI and sen it run.. pretty damned fast. the guy lets just say isnt exactly scraping the phone booths for money eh?? nice car though.

Users who are viewing this thread