446.8 RWHP! , no pulley, yet?

lemonademan

Established Member
Guy's
Looking for feedback from you out there.
I have an 03 vert with 3700 miles. I currently have the following done:
Bassani "x" w/ cats
Bassani Cat back.
K&N FIPK into
C&L Pipe
Accufab Throttle body with spacer
Preditor performance tune
I was very happy to see that I was able to get 446.8 to the rear wheels.
450 lb ft.

My question is is it really going to do alot putting a pulley on it, well I know it is, but should I? still under factory warranty for 8 months. I will never drive the car in the winter.
I am lowering it, and putting 4:10's , headers(Bassani mid), and a set of subframes, rear end girdle, and torque bar. all rpm stuff... LPF d.p. HE on my baby on tuesday.
I also have a 2.75 non slip, idlers, and belt in my garage.
Should I stop thinking like a pussy, or what. I don't want to break it though.
I have an awesome shop doing the install. Laferrier Racing in Johnston, RI, so it would be properly tuned, if done.
Let me know what you guy think??
thanks.

rmgtc01

Established Member
wow!...That is really high for a non-pulley. Are you sure the dyno guy knew what he was doing?? Settings correct?

If it is legit, you may see another 20-25rwhp more with the 2.76 and a good tune. Then a port puts you over the 500 mark.
I waited until 40k to do my pulley, and I don't know why. I thought just like you, and now I feel like I missed out on more even more good times. It was an incredible difference with the pulley and I wish I did it sooner. I even had a cool dealer who did warranty work on my car. Said if it was engine related to bring it in without pulley and tune. Never had that problem though and had some decent warranty work. Nothing related to the pulley, unless it was the excessive heat produced that killed my alternator and starter twice. But I would assume that Florida summer heat did that anyways.

So to answer your question....yes, stop being a little b1tch and do it already.
:)

Last edited:

Rick James

Got Brimley???
Established Member
rmgtc01 said:
wow!...That is really high for a non-pulley. Are you sure the dyno guy knew what he was doing?? Settings correct?

+1

rmgtc01 said:
So to answer your question....yes, stop being a little b1tch and do it already.
:)

+2

lemonademan

Established Member
Guy's,
It was done at Tasca Ford. They are the largest Ford dealership in New England. All of their stuff is the BEST! They had a huge annual car show this past saturday. I showed my car, and paid $89.00 for a pull! I have the sheet to prove it. I realize it seems off, do you really think it is that far off?

Crowley

Okey doke
Established Member
The HP number I am not suprised with but that TQ number .. is that right 450rwtq with no pulley?

I hit 441rwhp 398rwtq without a pulley with the following mods and a 23* timing (93 octane tune):
K&N FIPK
Magnaflow Catted Xpipe
Magnaflow Catback
Tune (like above).

Crowley

lemonademan

Established Member
I am not sure how much boost? It goes right to the outer edge of the gauge. Not pinned, but right at the opposite of zero? if you know what I mean. 9.5-10 maybe?

03COBRAman

Established Member
I made 438hp 408tq with cat back and x pipe and a cold air intake. No pulley and still on the stock tune then. Kinda miss those days, traction was easier to find.:beer:

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
DO NOT do the 4:10s. This car does not get any traction with the gears it has. What is the point of gears if it spins the wheels now? Gears are for low torque cars that need help off the line.

No Such Luck

GMR Performance
Established Member
Def nice #'s with no pulley. I had 430, 391 with the Magi catback and X, FIPK, and Gords HE. Haven't had a chance to hit the dyno with the pulleys on the car yet though.

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
You're asking the wrong crowd for advice on pulleying your Cobra. Probably 98% of the Terminator owners that are members of SVTP are at the very least, pullied. If you're being aggressive enough to put headers and gears in there, the pulley is a no-brainer. And you'lll get upwards of 40 RWHP just from increasing your boost with the the 2.75.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
I didn't read all of the replies to your thread. However your HP is high for your mods - but not impossible? But your TQ is way too high, as 450 without a pulley or nitrous is unreal. Can you get us some more details on your dyno results and the tune esp. A/F, timing, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread