42lb injector question

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
i have an 01 cobra, installing a P-1SC supercharger- will the stock injector harness fit on 42lb injectors or will i have to get a harness adapter.

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
i believe you will need the harness. Are the stock injectors the pencil or fat type? What color are the stock ones?

ReVviNg HiGh

Rev it up!
Established Member
I do believe you have the fat style so you wont need the harness. The 03 and 04 were the ones that had the pencil style.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
You will need a harness. Im running the green top 42#ers and had to use them as well. Go for 60's though. at 500rwhp you will be running out of injector around 6300rpms.

60's will be too much for a centrifical blower @ 10-12 psi . They will run very rich @ low RPM! Don't go with any more boost than that on the stock short block, It will be a ticking time bomb!! Miss a shift at high RPM & it could go BOOM! 42's will be just fine, just make sure you have plenty of fuel pump(255 in-tank & T-rex in-line) or just spring for the Aeromotive pump. I ran 55's before the 42's & it bucked horribly at low RPM.

type911

Heave To....
Established Member
ProChargedSnake said:
60's will be too much for a centrifical blower @ 10-12 psi . They will run very rich @ low RPM! Don't go with any more boost than that on the stock short block, It will be a ticking time bomb!! Miss a shift at high RPM & it could go BOOM! 42's will be just fine, just make sure you have plenty of fuel pump(255 in-tank & T-rex in-line) or just spring for the Aeromotive pump. I ran 55's before the 42's & it bucked horribly at low RPM.

1) He has a returnless fuel system.

2) 60# injectors can be tuned just fine for low rpms. You had a tuner issue not an injector issue.

However like you said. If on stock internals 42#'s will be fine if you dont plan on a forged bottom.

Throw in an aviator pump. Upgraded FPDM and call it a day. Make sure to drill the basket or you will not be able to take full advantage of the pump.

2001BlackCobra

Established Member
Throw in an aviator pump. Upgraded FPDM and call it a day. Make sure to drill the basket or you will not be able to take full advantage of the pump.

what do u mean drill the basket?

Users who are viewing this thread