42k 03 Cobra motor for sale

Tranzit

Established Member
Ok so here is the deal 42k original miles oem 2003 cobra motor

I am spending 6k on an illuminator longblock this will be a great deal for someone. The blower and manifold.. injectors ect... the typical stuff needed for the swap will not be included.. i am thinking it will cost at the most 1k to get this thing back to perfect again if done by a private party.

The dealership is an absolute rip off. So if you are interested let me know send a realistic offer. Otherwise i will sell it on ebay or else where.

Heads and everything included aside from injectors ect.. i will also include the water pump ect, I belive i need to keep all of the pullies aside from the harmonic balancer. But i could be wrong. Nothing that is not needed to equip this motor back to stock will be taken off. I can honestly say this motor is not in catostrophic failer. I would never make any claims that were not true.

Whoever gets this motor will be happy after the failed part or parts that need to be replaced are in.

There was no smoke no launch ect.. just a low sounding "not to loud" Knock then a kind of grinding noise then it shut down. I turned it back on and it sounded normal drive it another few blocks or so and parked it. I tried to turn it over before the tow truck came and it didnt start. I also didnt want to push it.

I guess from what ford said there was barely any oil in the motor.. which i just cant understand.. i filled this with moble 1 and a new filter like 1400 miles ago. I havent taken this to the track.. i do not beat on this car.. im 36 and most of the time my 5 year old little girl is in the car. There was never any sign of a problem.. smoke.. oil on the ground anything aside from a slight tick i have heard in most cobras i have ever been around. So this was just freakish.

Well, heres the deal i got he car towed back to my house today.
The car seems to run pretty normal There was little oil in the motor for some reason they added 4 quarts of oil and it started up and runs fine.. I hear a knock / tick in the bottom not very loud . It seems to drive fine although i am shutting it down totaly until my new motor is installed as i do not want to cause any further damage.. Here is what the invoice from lakewood ford said.

Started engine found no external leaks at this time. Engine sounded normal until slightly warmed up then he could hear what sounded like a bottom end rod bearing knock. He also says he suspects lack of oil pressure has spun or damaged a rod bearing. Will need to remove engine and inspect . He also noted he suspects the cam bearing bores may be damaged from lack of lube.

As i said this will be a great motor for anyone who wants to do the work themselfs or has someone with a fair price to break it down and inspect it. The parts themself wont be too bad.

Not sure what a fair price would be for this. I am not going to give it away.

If you are truely interested you are welcome to come to my home in gig harbor and i will start the car and let you inspect the running motor.
I will also show you the invoice from the inspection done yesterday.

Thanks guys!

Users who are viewing this thread