427 Cobra price range???

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
300-500k for one in poor to decent condition.
1mil + in good condition.
2mil + for a car with history.

as you can see its a huge range, and i may be off by a couple 100k. a real 289 cobra with amatuer racing history just sold for 1mil +.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
Contact Shelby American they are making new ones just like the old ones with Carol's name on them. You can get the 302, 351, or a 427 in it. I got shot gun on the first pass. I think the article I read said the 3o2 was a 5 sec car to 60, 351- 4.2, and the 427 was a sub 3 if you can get it stop spinning.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
If I remember right, the new 427's are actually better cars because Shelby actually has their own aluminum blocks cast that are much improved over the original. Someone correct me if I am wrong in that memory.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I was thinking that but I couldn't remember for sure. I think the prices on the cars started at $150,000 but the article is probably 2 years old I read.

BlackBolt9

Asphalt Donuts
Established Member
I think the place I heard it was on the tv show Funk Master Flex used to do on Spike TV. They did a whole show at the Shebly plant and he talked with Carol and got to drive a couple Cobras and a Series 1. It was actually a good episode.

NIT2WN

torque junky
Established Member
I read about them in Motor Trend or something to that effect. They gave a page to each motor size and told about how great it was. They referred to the new ones as a cost effective way to get an "authenic" Shelby. They still missed my pocket book by a couple of planets.

T-Bolt

Official 'ring tow rig...
Established Member
Buy a new one. I'd be afraid to drive an old one on the street because it's so rare.

Users who are viewing this thread