420 and 430 codes....

Speedwagon

Established Member
My pony keeps split out 420 and 430 codes after tune ...
I have read some of the threads in this forum on these engine codes that get kicked on mostly with Kooks 1 7/8 LT headers and green CATS but has anyone else experience these codes with just Hi Flo Cats or are they basically the same?? One of the threads says to buy and O2 Bung Extension non foulers to solve the issue. I believe that this is for off road applications but correct me if Im wrong. Should I purchase this item below and will I have any lower performance issues?

O2 Bung Extension: http://www.teamjdm.com/02-exhaust-bung-extensions-non-foulers-for-off-road-use/

AKDMB

Established Member
Hi Flow cats do not match the efficiency of the factory cats so you still get the catalyst inefficiency codes, so for all intensive purposes you have an off road exhaust. You will need a tune that accounts for this by "turning off" the rear 02 sensors. As far as passing emissions, I don't really know, I have never really found a definitive answer for this because of how finicky these cars are with emissions readiness.

Speedwagon

Established Member
Hi Flow cats do not match the efficiency of the factory cats so you still get the catalyst inefficiency codes, so for all intensive purposes you have an off road exhaust. You will need a tune that accounts for this by "turning off" the rear 02 sensors. As far as passing emissions, I don't really know, I have never really found a definitive answer for this because of how finicky these cars are with emissions readiness.

Thanks ... I appreciate it

Users who are viewing this thread